Monday, June 20, 2011

Yeah, I'm leaving GA

If you're reading this in Real Time*, I am:

  • rolling out of bed, mentally noting the long list of To Do's we have left

  • packing up the car, yet again, to hit the road

  • scrambling around post getting my medical records

  • returning Charter boxes

  • getting my oil changed before the big trip

  • picking up my doggie pals

  • finally getting on the road to make our move to Ft. Polk

  • jamming to old school boy bands in the privacy of my own car

  • or contemplating what in the heck I forgot this time.


Isn't moving fun? Ha! In all honesty, Captain J and I are happy about this change in our lives. We welcome a new state with open arms and can only hope that it welcomes us back. I just want to say goodbye to the storm alarm right outside our house, often notifying us of approaching tornados. I'm glad to distance myself from you and so are my nerves.

Peace out, cockroaches. I hope you aren't overtaking our new home in LA, too. You won't be missed, you're not invited to visit, and you aren't welcome to set up residency there.

Adios to thug-life (or the wanna-be culture) that living in Columbus often brings. Again, I'm none too sad in leaving you, either. My car break-in solidified my disdain for you.

Oh, we've had good times, too. I just can't focus on those right now. Knowing I'm moving farther from my loved ones gets me sad enough- I can't focus on happy memories right now. Perhaps tomorrow. Or the next day.

Anyway, we are very busy this week, but I'll try to keep you posted on our PCSing adventures.

In the words of the Zac Brown Band:
"Adios and vaya con dios. Yeah, I'm leaving GA."

(*Real Time is used to describe any moment on June 20th during the hours of 0700-2300)

5 comments:

Valjayc said...

Move to texas buy a gun all problems r solved :)

Tryna Stegner said...

Best of luck in your new home! Have a safe journey!

Nina said...

Safe travels to you both!! And congrats to J on graduation :-)

J.Ashley said...

OMG LA!!..You will love it there! safe safe travels

Mrs. K said...

@Val- ha! We'll be very close to TX when we finally arrive.

Thanks, Tryna, Nina, and J. Ashley :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings