Saturday, June 11, 2011

Innovative

I love my husband for many reasons.

One of them should be mentioned here now- He's innovative. Driven. Determined. Logistical.

You may be thinking, of course he is- He's a U.S. Army Officer. Mmmkay, scratch that. You probably weren't thinking that.

Anyway, the point is he provides for this little family in any way he can. This past week he has really stepped up to the plate in trying to make our home for the time being, a home. The other day he got this brilliant idea to make his own grill using materials around the house. I thought he was batty and was ready to simply check out some to-go menus when he proclaimed, "I'm going to pick up some steaks."

Oh, gracious.

I thought, "There's no tellin' what I'm going to have to eat tonight", but I said, "Okay, love you! I'm staying here" {in the air conditioning, thank you}.

By nightfall we had quite the feast.



We had steak, grilled onions and cucumbers, complete with a candlelit ambience. All eaten on paper plates and a large Army tote, it was perfect.

It doesn't take much to have a nice evening with my husband, though. We enjoyed the rare breeze that a June night in Georgia offered us by sitting in camping chairs outside, watching the dogs play, and talking while the food cooked. Pretty soon, quiet evenings such as this will cease to exist with the arrival of Baby K. Better enjoy it while we can!





It's days like these I like to store away in my memory forever.

3 comments:

Laura Barndt said...

Aww. Love it. :) Yes, enjoy those nights! I miss them.

Sarah Nicole said...

Such a sweet guy. Your dinner looks amazing. :]

Kristine said...

I love this post! I miss my man. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings