Thursday, June 23, 2011

hi, ho, hi, ho

Whew! The last few days have been interesting. The rest of our drive to Ft. Polk was terrifying. I know storms plagued most of us in the central and eastern states. It was no different for us. There were a couple of times I thought I was a goner. The storms came like curtains of rain. I would look out in front of me and see it waving around like the stage was being set and the curtains were about to close. I was sure it was the end of me.

But, then the skies parted and I realized I had at least a few more minutes left.

It continued to rain as we drove into LA. We hoped it wasn't symbolic or anything.

As we began our search for housing, thus began the worry. The money that the Army allocates for housing off post here is inadequate, to say the least. The properties in our price range were pitiful. A ridiculous amount of money for rent was required for very dirty, very broken down houses in bad neighborhoods. It wasn't looking good.

But I kept my happy face on (can't say the same for my husband) and knew it would all work out. I'm sure J was wondering, "Who is this woman and what has she done with my wife?"

What can I say? I'm trying out this new glass half full thing and it looks good on me.

Anyway, I was almost prepared to get my cleaning boots on and deal with those icky houses that seemed like the norm around here. But J wasn't having it. We decided we would spend a little more money so that we could be more comfortable and have a clean, safe place for Baby K to come home to.

We found a lovely home- 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a gigantic backyard for Drifter and Holly. It's pretty awesome. The yard is about as big as the dog park back in Fairbanks that they loved so much. They'll be happy there!

And I think we will be, too.

The downside?

Our furniture won't be delivered until July 12th. Thanks, U.S. Army. Baby K and I really appreciate that. It's back to the air mattress we go. Hi, ho, hi, ho.

(If you don't hear from me, fear not. I might be without internet access for a few days.)

1 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

HI! My name is Rachel, and I randomly found you as my hubby and I are in the beginning stages of TTC. Congrats on your growing family, and good luck on your move! May you enjoy this next amazing chapter of your life!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings