Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Spell Books Decor

Pinspiration:

I thought these were just precious! Upon reading her instructions, though, I realized I didn't have the time to put into them. At least, I didn't have time I was willing to make these as lovely as she did. Instead, I whipped up some of my own in about three minutes.



You Will Need:

  • books
  • card stock paper
  • twine
  • marker
  • tape
Instructions
  1. To cover your books completely, you've come to the wrong place. I only covered what was visible. The Halloween(ish) cover doesn't completely cover the bottom part of the book because I used scrap paper that had already been used for other projects. That's ok.
  2. Find the paper you want and place it where you want it on the book. Make sure to pull it tight over the spine. Tape down.
  3. Grab your marker and come up with creative book names to write on the books. This is my favorite part.
  4. Next, gather your spooky books together with a piece of twine and ...
  5. Voila, you're done.


Thanks for stopping by, as always. Today I'm linking up with these lovely ladies:
 

6 comments:

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

I totally want to make some spell books for Halloween! These actually look easier than I thought so maybe I'll give it a try. They look adorable! Great job :)

Thank you SO much for linking up to The Pinspiration Project!
http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-pinspiration-project-10.html

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Cute and easy, I like!

meandmr.com said...

This is such a cute idea! I need to do this!
-meandmr.com

Unknown said...

Those spell books are sooo cute! What a great idea!

Visiting form the walkabout. New follower :)

Ashley Paige said...

I love this idea! How easy and fun and they're the perfect apooky addition to any haunted table! SO cute! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

Janie said...

I still think they look great. :) I need to get to decorating for holidays. My house looks so boring!

Thanks for linking up to The Pinspiration Project! Hope to see you again Tuesday with another pinspirational project.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings