Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dream Homes

With our upcoming move on the brain, it's hard not to start picturing my family settled into a house that we'll (hopefully) have for years- one that we'll actually own. If there's one thing about the military lifestyle that is a constant reminder of how tough it can be, it's writing a check for rent each month. I hate seeing that money go right down the drain. Thousands of dollars each month goes toward a rental house...and then what? That money is just gone. We can't wait until we're paying for a house to keep. We can paint her walls! We can remodel if we wish. We can hang a wreath on the front door and maybe, just maybe it will feel more like our permanent home.
Where's that VA Savings Loan application? Sign us up. We're very much looking forward to being homeowners. Pinterest doesn't help either. I keep finding fabulous rooms or design ideas that keep me browsing (and daydreaming) for hours...




Source: bhg.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

I'm dreaming of deep claw foot bath tubs, colorful, elegant kitchens, and a heavenly reading nook with built in bookshelves- *swoon*

What's a must have in your dream home?
(This post is brought to you by MilitaryVALoan.com )

6 comments:

Jen said...

That kitchen is amazing!!!!!!!

Chantal said...

Ahh I love those photos! I dream of owning a home too...

Unknown said...

That teal kitchen might be the coolest thing ever...Looove it!

Kace said...

I do, too. It might be one of those things that's not so awesome in 20 years, though. Ha!

Fran said...

Oh I love that window sit!

Karen said...

I definitely want a deep bath tub for luxurious bubble baths, and a large kitchen with my stove in the wall (I don't know why I want that but it's a dream of mine lol). And a fireplace. I want a fireplace. We own our house right now but in a mere 8 months we will be back in military housing :( and then who knows where we will be after that, we still have 20+ years of military life lol.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings