Monday, October 29, 2012

All About Us

(I hope you're not terribly tired of these link-ups I keep doing. The questions have been so good lately and, well, my brain needs something that I don't have to think much about. I blame Baby A or Baby K or the fact that all my brain cells keep going to sewing cloth diapers for the former and a Halloween costume for the latter all without any proper patterns. In short, I've got problems! )
 
1. Tell us how you met your love and what attracted you most to him.

You're not going to believe this. Okay, maybe you will but we were set up. His mother and my sister worked together and I suppose simultaneously decided that we were pathetic all by ourselves so we needed each other. Kidding. But I was like...who does this? I don't NEED a guy. I don't NEED you to set me up with a stranger, much less one that is heading off to a war zone. Still, I went on this date against everything I knew and when I got home I told my mom I was going to marry him, something I certainly had never said about anyone else before. She knew I was serious. A couple days later we were on the beach. A week after that I was in Alaska, a place I said I'd never set foot, cherishing our last few weeks together before he headed off toward Iraq. The rest is history! I think I was attracted most to his outlook in life and his confidence in himself.

2. Show us the very first picture you guys ever took together.


3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.
How bout I just show you? That's more fun...
Hiking in Tennessee over R&R
Boating in New Zealand after deployment #1
Getting married!
Hanging out in the Hot Springs at 20 Below


Out-fishing him one fine day at the Chena River in Alaska
Camping and Hiking in Denali National Park
Exploring Kona, Hawaii
Haines, AK
Roadtrippin' in California
Grand Canyon
Finding out we were pregnant with this little cutie and every seemingly mundane moment after! Our children have given us a whole new kind of adventure together and although it's much different, we're having the time of our lives.


4. Tell us your favorite qualities of this man. What makes him the one?

As I said before, I like his confidence. I like his cooking ability. I like the way he looks in uniform. I love the way he loves our sons. He is a good husband and a wonderful father to our boys. He's funny. He's my best friend, even when he's driving me crazy. I can trust him completely and that makes all the difference in the world.

5. Tell us what your date nights typically look like.

Well, as you can imagine, date nights have changed. We used to live! it! up! We would go out for an appetizer and drinks at one location, move to another for dinner, and still another for dessert. Our dates were often out of town! We'd make the 6 hour drive to Anchorage for the weekend and go snowshoeing at out favorite locations. We'd ski. We'd hit up the jazz bar. We had some great dates! Now, we're lucky to get the kid in bed in time and rent a movie on Netflix to watch together. I have faith that when we move this will all change and we'll find a reliable babysitter that can give us more time alone together. That's important to me.

10 comments:

Mrs. Apple said...

Found you through Link Up with Mrs. to Mama - so jealous of all your trips, they looks amazing!! :)

Kristin said...

I can relate to many of your AK pictures. My favorites are the ones we take as we're driving through somewhere. Because that means we're moving and not just staying (or heaven forbid, camping) in one place.
Floating on the Chena or Tanana is indeed nice when it's 90*!

Karen said...

Love the pictures of you guys. And nothing wrong with being set up - me and hubs were also set up too :)

Kace said...

Yes, it is. We got married in Gatlinburg, just the two of us :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

The date nights will come back :) And Kev wears civilian clothes here but on Thursday they are wearing ACUs, I.am.so.excited. He thinks Im being crazy, but what can I say, they just look good in it, dont they ;)

Kristen said...

New follower here! I just had to follow your blog because of the name. I am Mrs. K and I am also married to Capt. J. Love it!

Jen said...

I love love your wedding picture!! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You guys are theeeee cutest! And so much traveling! We never got to do that. :(

Kathryn B said...

I love these kinds of link ups! It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful love story!! and what beautiful photos...good for you. It warms my heart !!! Pls thank your husband for his service...and please tell him that our family prays for him (and you!) and all our troops every single night...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy halloween!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings