Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Great Delight

Top o the mornin' to ya! By 8 o'clock I had the kitchen clean and muffins baking. It's going to be a good day!

Need some morning inspiration? I read this and felt a bit happier:
"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

I especially love the part that says He will take great delight in me. Sometimes I tend to forget that God is happy when I'm doing the things I love to do and using my spiritual gifts. It was a sweet reminder this lovely Wednesday morning.

Yesterday was nice.
I got out of the house sans husband and child. No offense, family...but it was glorious... UNTIL My Weekly Insult reared her ugly head. You already know what I'm going to say, don't you?
Let me set the scene:

I just escaped the walls of my house to get into my brand spankin' new under-two-hundred-miles-on-her Jeep to go get my hair cut for the first time in a long time. Looks much better, eh? Anyway, I decided to go to a new hairdresser. If you've been following along long enough, you know my struggle with finding an acceptable one here and every other stinkin' duty station we've been stationed. Just when I find a good one, it's time to move!

I sit down and this lady seems nice enough. But then it happens- the due date conversation.

When I tell her what my projected due date is (Dec. 7) she says, "That can't be right! You're SO BIG!" 

"There goes your tip", I silently say to myself and put on my best southern charmed smile just like my Mama taught me.

The lady continues to talk about my upcoming delivery and when she does, she refers to "the babies" - as in PLURAL, MORE THAN ONE BABY. I correct her only once that I know it must be baffling, but I am not, in fact, pregnant with twins. I suppose that was just too much for her to believe as she continued to talk about the nonexistent twins for the remainder of the appointment.

I know I'm short and I waddle a lot, but I think I look alright for someone who recently had a baby and will soon have another. Cut me some slack, people of Louisiana! That or just don't mention to me how incredibly huge and gross you find me. I'd be just fine if you kept that to yourself. That would be great. Thanks.

(I'm linking up with these lovely ladies today. If you're new (or old!), thanks for stopping by. Pleasure to meet ya!)






13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a better person than me! I get the feeling I'm going to punch the first person to tell me how big I look when I get pregnant. Hopefully I gain a little charm and grace between now and then.

Kristin said...

Oh dear. This makes me smile and cringe at the same time. I never EVER ask people about their pregnancies. Here's why:
http://pinterest.com/pin/71072500340660443/

Congrats on handling the situation gracefully and I hope you didn't leave a tip!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. K! Found you at the Followers to Friends Blog Hop. You have a really nice blog, liked it a lot so I'm following ^^
Hope you can make some time to visit my blog too and have a look around. Have a great day xx
N O I R E D A M E

Anonymous said...

People have zero filter when it comes to these things. Sigh.

Jen said...

Wow that is just mean!! I can't get over how rude people can be.

Karen said...

I don't think you look large at all - you look like you are having A baby. That's it. Some people just have no class or tact and well... they are just plain rude. As long as you feel good, that is all that should matter. I hope that I look as good as you when I'm as far along :)

Jane said...

I definitely agree with Kristin. I wait until people talk about it themselves and see how they steer the conversation first. Yikes! Rudeymcruderson! What woman wants to hear they look huge? And, I'm sure she was exaggerating.

Kathryn B said...

Congrats on the second baby. I was WAY bigger the second time around and looked like I was going to pop when I was 6 months along. Hang in there :)
P.S. I'm a new follower from the Walkabout :) Just wanted to say hello :)

Jamie said...

That is so annoying. You are still so skinny. People are so rude.

Jenn said...

I'd hate to hear what the people of LA would think about me pregnant. Or 6-months post-partum for that matter. You look GREAT and I hope you feel as great as you look :)

Chantal said...

Ugh dumb lady. I can't even believe it.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Gah! WHY do people feel the need to comment? I think you look great!

Jenn said...

Don't listen to her! Silly People. Love your hair!!!!! we must dicuss next time I see you.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings