Sunday, October 7, 2012

This Is Special


I'll tell you something, but you can't hate me, okay? I don't think pregnancy is beautiful. I never have. Of course, it's a wonderful miracle from above and the end result is a perfect little gift from heaven. There's no denying that. It's just that I've never been one to think the pregnant body is attractive. Perhaps it's because I don't get that lovely glow that people talk about. I get sweaty and out of breath instead. Maybe it's because I'm so self conscious about my body normally and when it starts stretching and expanding, all I can think about is how fat I'm getting. I must sound so selfish and vain to you, but this is something I struggle with. I pin maternity photo ideas in an effort to celebrate this time in my life, but when I try to recreate the images in pictures, I feel gross. My face must have gained 10 lbs itself! And Oh my gosh, look at those chubby fingers. The thoughts are endless.
Still, I document because I know how blessed I am. God has given me the gift and pleasure of being able to carry my children and I'm so very, very grateful. When the creeping thoughts flood in, I tell my husband to come and take a photograph. Remind me of this life growing inside me. This is special. I know it.

8 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

You look lovely, pregnant!! Trust me, I've seen some people that do not look good pregnant...they just don't!
I know what you mean. Body image is an issue I struggle with greatly-I'm the opposite though. I loved being pregnant. I loved the bump, it made me feel less gross about my csection pudge and my stretch marks. Afterwards, (now) I'm all grossed out by how I look.
Weird how girls get, huh?!

Kristin said...

....and this is why I don't have a baby.
I know that some women truly get a kick out of being pregnant. I really doubt I'll be one of them. I want the baby. But not the pregnancy.

Chantal said...

That's a lovely photo!!

I thought pregnancy was gross in most cases... the things that happen to your body! Why does anyone do it?

hmb said...

I think some people wear it well....others (myself included)...not so much! You look like the bee's knees though!!

AlanaMarie said...

I couldn't agree more. But I do think you look great.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I willed Bennett to be twins so I could knock put two babies with one pregnancy because I don't enjoy being pregnant. Like you, I am grateful for the opportunity to carry put children, but it was never a confident or attractive time for me! At least you are still documenting it, I hid from the camera both times!!! And that pic above is really beautiful!

Fran said...

You look amazing!

erika said...

You are breathtaking! I felt the same way when I was pregnant- all of those things- but I look at this picture and think, "How can she think that?" :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings