Monday, October 1, 2012

It's October!


Happy First Day of October to ya! September seemed to fly by for us. I'm looking forward to some cooler days, but I have no false hopes that will happen anytime soon. Last October looked a lot like this:

I was in shorts and holding a sweet two month old! This year, I'm holding an even tinier baby in my womb and I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that we'll soon be a family of four.

J snapped this photo the other day when I was 30 Weeks pregnant, exactly. My, oh my, what a difference one year makes. It's so strange to be in the same town and SAME HOUSE for a whole year. We've never had this luxury and to be honest? I think we're getting restless! It's time to move.

Lots of fun things happened this past weekend. First and foremost, I must introduce you to my new baby:

She hasn't been named yet. This one obviously isn't mine, but it looks very similar. Mine has running boards because I'm so short and is my very favorite color for a car: charcoal gray/ navy(ish)? Whatever. All I know is she is lovely.

You may be wondering- What happened to "No Spendtember"? Well, we got paid early- that's what happened. Of course that meant the month was over, right? We wrote out that check and didn't turn back mostly because this is what we were saving for. My little Beamer was not going to work well with our expanding family. Captain J's legs are so long, it's difficult for him to fit in the front seats when there are car seats in the back. I feel a little more prepared for Baby A to make his appearance.

Being pregnant again so soon has prevented me from forgetting just how dreadfully uncomfortable the 3rd trimester is. When I discovered I was expecting again, one of my first thoughts was, "Oh, man- how am I going to waddle around and chase K Baby?" That has been interesting trying to figure out. I'm in that stage where I get out of breath easily. Everything on my body is swollen and achy. I even had to take off my wedding ring already.

Selling Scentsy is going well. It gives us a little extra money in our pockets and I love feeling like I'm contributing to our household financially, even if it's just in a small way. Plus it's fun to get emails like this one:
I'm happy when the customer likes a delicious smelling home as much as I do! I've got my eye on this little Halloween Plug-In:

Many of the holiday warmers have already been snatched up! I'll probably place an order later this week so let me know if there's anything I can order for you.

My holiday (read: Spooky Halloween!!) decorations are coming together quite nicely. I've had fun creating festive decor and I'll be sure to post tutorials soon for my newest creations. Now, if I could just start piecing together our Halloween costumes. It's a lot more difficult when you're in a town without a decent sized Goodwill. That's always my jumping off point to feel inspired, get ideas, and get started. I went the other day to look and left with 18 month old PJs and a newborn baby wrap. I guess I've got my kids on the brain!

For October, one of my goals is to clean out this house! We've collected so much junk over the past year and it's feeling like it's closing in around me. I'm ready to get rid of it! I dropped off a bag of clothes to Goodwill last week and I'm working on one to take this week, too. I die a little inside when I notice all the clothes are from Express, The Limited, and other semi-expensive stores but I just don't have the patience to try to sell them myself. I just want it gone! There's something about surrounding myself with stuff that makes me feel icky inside. Perhaps I should blame the show Hoarders.

Anyway, I think I've rambled enough. If you made it this far, thanks. I do hope you have a wonderful week. 

Love,

7 comments:

Jen said...

Happy October and yay for a new car! :)

reccewife said...

oooo, pretty new baby! Enjoy

AlanaMarie said...

Yay for new cars! I love my Jeep!

The 4M Project said...

Hi! I miss the warmer October that we had last year. September did fly by, and yet so much happened last month. You're looking so beautiful in that photograph. I'm trying to not be jealous of your new Jeep..ha-ha!! I literally just got a call from the repair shop with an estimated total of $5,025 on my Jeep. :( bummer! My heart sank and my chest is still hurting! I'm much too frugal for that number. Speaking of Scentsy...I'm really liking everything I ordered from you. I've already gotten SO many compliments on the smell of my home. :) The only problem is that smelling it makes my husband hungry! ha-ha!! I see all the holiday fragrancs in now, and another order is calling my name! Ah...yes! The Jeep repair costs...Well, we'll see...

Blessings,
Kristine

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love the new ride! And isn't it funny how the military programs us to want to move? I grew it in the same house my entire life and though the moving part was going to be so hard with Kev, but after about a year and a half, I get totally over whatever house we are in and anxious to move on.

Chantal said...

Happy October! We almost got the same car before we settled on our Flex. And I wonder what it'll be like chasing a toddler while pregnant... yikes.

Kristin said...

I drop off clothes at Goodwill too. I don't have the patience to try Plato's or to sell them online. I just. want. them. gone.
Gongrats on the new ride! Slightly jealous over here...I mean, I like my car, but I think we're gonna go SUV next.
Oh! I placed my Scentsy order yesterday (just in time!) That Pear Caramel Crisp stuff better smell good :)
And I think you know I'm ready to move. I went into this army thing thinking everything was temporary and 3 years is way too long at a duty station, wherever it may be.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings