Friday, October 19, 2012

Currently (in my neck of the woods)


*I'm downing: a cup of coffee at 3:30pm as I write and schedule this post. Yes, it's been one of those days. I cannot wake up. Baby K is sleeping soundly and I wish I could be doing that, too. Instead I've been nesting. #cantstopwontstop

*I'm reading: The Telling by Gary E. Reavis Sr.

He's a local author (and by local I mean to my home state!). I guess I'll always be a Tennessee girl.

*I'm wondering: what I should change "Baby K" to when Baby A comes along. Many of you have pointed out that he's not so much a baby anymore as he is a walking, talking toddler! If you count his nonsense as talking. Still needs some work, in my opinion. Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

*I'm trying: not to go absolutely, freaking insane. A new dog has been added to our neighborhood albeit temporarily but STILL! He/She is a "froo froo" dog as I not-so-affectionately call them and he's tiny and LOUD. Barking at nothing. All.day.long.

*I'm excited: about the new Scentsy Scent of the Month for November. 
Honestly, I haven't smelled it yet, but I'll be placing an order soon after the new month rolls around. You can shop my Scentsy site here.

*I'm thankful: for the health of my boys. I fear that sometimes you come here, read my daily struggles, and think that I might just take how good I have it for granted. Maybe I do sometimes. But not a day goes by that I am not in prayer to God for blessing me so richly with two perfect sons and a loving husband. Life is so, so good. Even when it seems hard. I'm so blessed!

*I'm glad: for cool October evenings when I can snuggle with my honey by the fire. Check out our redneck fire pit and be jealous of our innovation.

*I'm missing: my blonde hair sometimes.

*I'm looking forward to: working toward losing weight and not putting it on! Seven(ish) more weeks to go until Baby.

Speaking of, I keep thinking: of all these things newborns require. Like burping! And swaddling! And nursing, oh my. I hope my body has muscle memory and just simply knows what to do. I mean, yeah...it hasn't even been a year since I had to do all these things, but the way I function is that I focus on the age group K is in and I deal with it. All other knowledge of what I thought I knew about him goes out the window as he changes everyday. I don't have space for remembering all those techniques for burping a tiny human right now. Do you think it'll come right back to me? Surely. Anyway, enough about burping. That word is just gross.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

Jen said...

In my neck of the woods a wedding is happening that I really don't want to go to haha. :) Have a great weekend!

Chantal said...

How about Big K? lol

I love Peppermint! I want that scent!

Fran said...

This reminds me.. I really need to order some of this Scentsy thingies from you so I can finally figure out why everyone loves them haha

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings