Monday, October 15, 2012

When I Was 17...

 

I don't think I've linked up here before and this was just what I needed on this Monday morning- blogging material that doesn't require much thought. Today's Topic? When I Was 17!

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends.

I drove a 98 Mazda Protege that I affectionately called Bumpin' Blue. She was a great car and earned her name because the factory stereo sounded about as good as all those kids who spent hundreds of dollars on loud, obnoxious speakers. She drove me all over, including to my first job at a local pharmacy in the next town over. On the weekends, I was usually hanging out with friends. I was blessed to have lots of friends because I switched schools in middle school so I stayed in touch with those I had to leave behind. Because they were only 15 minutes away, I still hung out with them a lot, too.

2. Show us a picture of you at 17.

I could only find my yearbook so this is what you get...

3. What did you want to be when you grew up?

I thought I might want to be a pharmacist, but that changed quickly after an ugly botany class with the world's worst professor a couple years later.

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Do tell.

I only seriously dated two guys in high school. At 17, I was either with The Man With Three First Names or The Sheriff's Son. TMWTFN was my first love. He was attending the University of TN at the time and after being together for a few years, we decided it was best to part ways. I didn't want him to waste his college days with me, which turned out to be such a silly decision as I missed him greatly. We got back together (a lot) later on in life. After we broke up, I started dating TSS. He was the cool kid in school, for sure. Our senior year in HS, we had a good time, but as we moved on and went to different colleges he quickly became The Player and I was the silly little girl who wouldn't believe he could do anything wrong. Oh, young love. They both taught me a lot.

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?

Well, it hasn't quite been 10 years yet, thank you very much. I'll hold on to this last month like a champ!  BUT if I were eligible to answer, I would say that my life has turned out so much better. I thought I would be a working woman, unmarried, and without any children. God had other plans for me and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It is crazy to look back at life when you are 17 so many things you thought mattered then really didn't.

Mrs. Duh said...

It's so funny to me how life rarely turns out like we thought it would at that age!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Remember when everything was so important at 17?! And I love how every had a name for their car, we called mine the Pooper and I had a sweet 'University of Margaritaville' sticker on it. I thought I was so cool.

Anonymous said...

It really is nice to go back and remember what we used to wear, do, eat, etc, when we were younger ^^ I wish I could go back and teach myself to pose better for photos, I now know better LOL Great read! xx

Wendy Annabeth said...

How fun! I heart your blog! I'm following you on GFC :)
xo
www.domesticsweetheart.com

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings