Thursday, February 25, 2010

Darn dog and Dear John

I'm so frustrated. I feel like I have a two year old running around, getting into everything, and disobeying all orders. I'm babysitting a holy terror without any of the cuteness that comes along with even the most disobedient children. Sometimes I just want to let, "I told you so" slip out to J because I requested that we get an older dog, one that's already set in their ways. One that is a couch potato, is house trained, and already has good manners. Ugh! I've already had to use Drifter's full name three times today and it's barely 0900.


Last night I went to see Dear John with a friend. I really liked it, although the ending wasn't quite how Nicholas Sparks described it. One of my favorite quotes from the book is- "I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart." It just takes me back to when I met Captain J. Similar to the movie, J and I only had a few short weeks together before he left me for a whole year. The movie reminded of that time period in my life. I was scared to death, excited, and completely in love all at once. I couldn't believe that I had found such a great man, only to say goodbye to him and send him off to Iraq for twelve months. It was hard, but looking back now it was totally worth it. We learned so much about each other!

The friend I went to the movie with had the same situation going on with her then fiance. He was also deployed with J so when the credits started to roll, she said, "It's a good thing we didn't see this while they were deployed!" That was so true. It's always hard for me to watch a military couple say goodbye to each other because it takes me back to the end of R&R when I felt like all my happiness had been drained out of me. It didn't matter that I was watching a fictional couple. It still made me tear up. Seeing that made me remember that we'll have to do it all over again. I better cherish this time now.

2 comments:

David Weigle said...

Sounds like a neutering is in this puppy's future!

kacysue said...

Oh yeah...it's comin'! He has a pre-appt tomorrow so hopefully it will happen next week.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings