Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sparks!

It feels like breakup outside today. It's twenty degrees, the sun is shining, there are blue, cloudless skies, and all day I've been scared to death because I'll hear a crashing noise only to look out and see the snow loosening up and collapsing down on the porch from the roof. It's a much different scenery than a few days ago when it was lightly snowing and a moose grazed into our driveway.



It was a baby so I was hoping to avoid "Mama" wherever she was lurking. I just took pictures from the porch. Anyway, have I mentioned that there's a crazy amount of static electricity in this cabin? Every single time I walk across the carpet to flip the light switch, I get shocked. It's no small shock either...there's almost always a spark. At first it was cool- climbing into bed in the dark seeing sparks flying everywhere. I felt like Harry Potter --"Lumos!" It's getting old pretty quickly, though. It may sound bizarre, but I think my left thumb has been shocked so many times that it's not working properly. It hurts when I move it and I can barely support a book with it. It's really odd. "Riddikulus!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings