Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love that crazy dog

I painted myself into a corner with my mop on purpose so I had an excuse to update my blog. Clever. Anyway, since I'm up and cleaning, you may have gathered that I'm feeling much better. I really, really am. It's amazing how drastic the difference is. Thank you all for your prayers. God is so good! The rash is completely gone from most of my body. I have places left on my elbows and ankles that appear when I get really hot, but other than that I'm cured. Yay!


So back to Drifter....


The first night we had him we brought him inside and he went absolutely nuts. We couldn't even have dinner because he was all over the place. We locked him in the bathroom for literally five minutes and when we went to retrieve him he had messed all over the place. Yuck! Out he went.


Last night, we decided we didn't give him much of a chance on being an inside dog. Sunday night we had been driving for six hours and he was so good so naturally when we arrived home he was bound to be wound up. Plus Drifter is 6 months old; he's still a puppy. We're going to try to give him another chance inside this weekend. A friend of the family suggested crate training so I think we may try that in addition to obedience classes starting next month. He's a good dog who wants to do as we please he just gets so excited to have attention now. That's all he needs- attention (well, that and lots of exercise!). He's very social, which is typical of his breed so when he's stuck outside with no one to play with and no other dogs around he gets so much pent up energy that he's going to misbehave. Wish us luck with the new training plan. All the work makes it totally worth it when I look out the window to see Jordan working on his truck with Drifter right beside him, wagging his tail, and looking up at him giddily. (Jordan is equally as cute, treating this dog as a part of our family) Gotta love em!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings