Monday, February 8, 2010

White coats and football

Take a look at this photo and tell me I had a bad weekend! It's hard to have a bad weekend when I have my feet propped up next to a warm fire sitting beside my man.

Friday night, we ended up going to the emergency room to deal with my ailments. I got some antibiotics and I'm feeling much better now. While there, a nurse checked my blood pressure and it was 150/93 which is terribly high for me. The doctor asked if I was nervous to which I replied "YES!" and he said I also suffered from white coat syndrome. No surprise there. I felt significantly more at ease as soon as I walked out the huge front doors of the hospital. Free at last!

The majority of our furniture has arrived so Jordan spent the rest of Friday night putting together our new, comfy bed. We finally drifted off to sleep after a late night.

Saturday we got a late start to the day. We woke up rather late and after breakfast we sat by the fire, read, and cat-napped for awhile. It was so nice. On Sunday I had to work, but I decided not to accept the position for several reasons. One of them being that Jordan wasn't happy about me having to work on the weekends. He works so much throughout the week so when he does get time off we like to enjoy it together. Even though this job was at a church, I felt like it would alter my time with God too much. I like attending church services on Sundays and by accepting this job, I would be giving that up. There were other factors as well. One biggie was that the hours weren't set in stone so it would be difficult for me to tell Jordan when to pick me up and drop me off. With his job as time demanding as it can be, it just wasn't going to work for us. Oh well. The job search continues.

After leaving the church on post, I came home to Jordan plugging away in the kitchen preparing appetizers for our company coming over to watch the Superbowl. He made his dad's spectacular guacemole recipe while I prepared a queso dip. We prepared some other foods and sat down in front of the t.v. to what we thought was going to be a blowout with the Colts ahead...looks like we thought wrong. Maybe next year, Peyton. :(

Despite the loss, I had a pretty good weekend. I hope all of you can say the same!


With love,


Kacy Sue

2 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

Such common sense this is but please forgive me , probably a good idea to just have your B/P rechecked just to make sure. Also liked your comment about better luck Peyton next year. How about better luck Ben next year! Ha, Ha! Your home looks so cozy! Sorry the job did'nt work out for you. Something will come along I'm sure.

kacysue said...

haha I knew you'd say something like that. Alright, Better luck next year BEN! woo hoo!
I'll have my blood pressure rechecked, too.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings