Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love and Marriage (ya gotta sing the title)

"The first year of marriage is the hardest."

It seems like everyone I know says this. Even when I don't ask for advice or insight, I still get this response. I'm not complaining; I'm just curious. Do you feel that way? Was your first year of marriage the toughest to date? It seems to me this could go one of two ways 1.) Yes, the first year is hard. Two lives are merging. Both people are re-learning how to share money, time, the bathroom! "New" habits are rearing their ugly heads. Each individual is becoming 50% of a closely knit team and relinquishing control can be difficult. Or 2.) Nope, it's easy peasy lemon squeezy. The first year of marriage is still the honeymoon stage. The real trials come later.

Perhaps there's a combination of both. I don't know. I want to hear what you think.

As for my marriage, I'm hoping the first year is indeed the hardest because so far every day has just felt right. I know this may be premature because we've only been hitched for two months but this first year has been wonderful. Just yesterday, J came home from work, the kitchen was in disarray because I couldn't locate the casserole dish and the ingredients were already mixed up and ready to go, and the dog was barking, jumping, and nipping at both of us while we greeted each other. Kenny Chesney was playing on the radio and my handsom man in uniform turns up the volume and grabs me in his arms for an impromptu dance and in that moment, all the chaos flees and it's just me and him. I love that man.

Here's to hopin' J and I can always kick our shoes off, do a little dance, and melt away any sadness that either of us feel. It is my hope that you will keep us in your prayers this first year. Pray that God will guide us and that we'll always keep Him first. I know if we do that, we'll be just fine. :)

4 comments:

kimbodarlin said...

Kace---the first year for Joe and I were wonderful....we had our moments of course. We had only been married a few months when I found out we were expecting a baby....I am sure I was hard to live with...slept alot and pretty much left the feeding and entertaining of you and Paige to Joe. We made a lot of memories that year and are still making them now after 16 years of marriage. Wouldn't change a thing. Mom

David Weigle said...

Kacy Here's what I think about this subject.. Ahmmm Now David and my first year was a real roller coaster. We lost both of our Dad's the first year traumatically. Grandma Weigle went koo-koo for the first time and nobody would believe me that she was koo-koo. Did we fight, absolutely. David jokes that I said I was leaving so many times that he would just laugh when I said it. But see I was responding in the way I was raised to solve problems and how to cope, which meant freakout. Thank God he was more mature. Eventually our problems brought us closer and our relationship stronger but it sure was a ride. It's funny we hardly ever fight anymore, we just laugh now. You both have such wonderful role models in your lives to look to . I hope Jordan would say that we are, we certainly were far from perfect and we made tons of mistakes But Lord I love my family, crazy times and all. One thing I believe about Jordan is he's a lover not a fighter, I doubt you have many fights, but you will have some. Just try to do what the Bible says and not let the sun go down with resolving your differences. Hope this helps. Love Laura

kacysue said...

Mom--It makes me happy to know you're happy. :)

Laura- I love what you said "It's funny we hardly ever fight anymore, we just laugh now." As it should be! I'm learning to laugh at the thoughtless comments Jordan often says instead of taking them personally. He cracks me up when he tries to say something sweet while simultaneously insulting me. lol

David Weigle said...

Kacy, He's so transparent and genuine. But he's also being trained by you, i think he's a quick study though. Could be the Yankee coming out of him , I'm known to say things careless too without intended hurt.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings