Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life's Greatest Blessing

I have a clean house. Picture frames of friends and family adorn our walls. There's wood nearby and a fire for warmth. There are scrapbooking supplies carefully scattered in the floor of the office waiting to be picked up again. Sandals are placed by the door heading out to the hot tub. The music of Chris Tomlin is ringing throughout the cabin. There's little else that will suffice except to say that life is good!



A week ago, I was concerned about getting our cable hooked up in time to catch all my weekly shows. I haven't even turned the T.V. on yet. There's just something about sitting in front of a fire that I made. Some call it fire therapy. Whatever it is, it makes me contemplate all sorts of things. In the mornings I do my daily bible studies by the fire. It doesn't matter that there's no furniture. These green fold-out camping chairs and my bible is all I really need. Now, as I sit here peering out the window, waiting on my husband to walk through the door and take off his boots, I'm reminded of the most important part of my life, aside from J.C., which is my family.


In the window sill beside me, there's a picture frame  that my mom gave me that says, "The love of a family is life's greatest blessing." How very true that has been for me. Being away from family and my dear friends is something I never thought I'd be doing for any significant length of time. I didn't even consider the idea that I would  meet and fall in love with a man in uniform--much less, marry him! Life has directed me on surprising paths, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so very proud of Jordan and I will always support his career in the Army. Even if it keeps me away from my family and friends, I have faith that it won't be forever. I am delighted in each new experience here in Alaska, but I also look forward to the next stop that I'm sure will be full of wonderful memories as well.


1 comments:

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] came and brought with it a new place for the Cap’n and I to live- Read about that here in Life’s Greatest Blessing. There were ups and downs in this month, including adopting our dear Drifter dog and briefly [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings