Friday, February 5, 2010

Kacy and the Terrible, Horrible No Good, Very Bad Day

I went back and forth on deciding if I should blog about the last 24 hours of my life. Some topics are perhaps a little TMI, but alas this is my blog so here goes--proceed with caution.

Yesterday, I ran to the bathroom with a strong urge to urinate that didn't leave all day. I didn't think much about it at first because it wasn't painful, just odd. After a couple times of this nonsense, I broke out the incredibly helpful and occasionally harmful google tool. Literally all the responses hinted that it is likely a urinary tract infection. Crap. I've never had one of those before, but I have heard they can be pretty painful.

I am a slight hypochondriac. I think I may have it all wrong, though because I always diagnose myself with some horrible problem and then decide that I do not want to get it checked out. I prefer to use the "ignorance is bliss" method of dealing with health issues. I get so worked up and scared that it might be something that I'm not prepared to handle so I prefer not to know about it. Crazy, right? Anyway, in my experience, doctors have been clueless, scatterbrained, and most unhelpful aside from Dr. Guider, of course. Why can't we all just not grow up and always go to him?

Anyway, back to the infection that I may or may not have...

I told Jordan about it and asked him to stop off and get AZO cranberry and juice after work. He's a jewel. I know he's rather uncomfortable in the female isle especially with his uniform on so I greatly appreciated him. By the time he arrived home, I was starting to feel pretty icky. I popped some AZO and drank lots of juice, only to see that he had gotten cranberry cocktail instead (we won't tell him). I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I almost passed out. My head was spinning and I became really hot. I layed on the bathroom floor until I felt fine enough to crawl back into bed (err, couch. More on this later.)

Today, I'm drinking strictly water and taking vitamins like crazy. Lots of vitamin C . Copious amounts of water. I know I shouldn't be treating myself as if I know anything about medical issues. I just really was hoping to kick whatever this is before a doctor became necessary. This is partly because I hate going to the doctor, but it's also because my TriCare card hasn't arrived in the mail yet so it will be a hassel to get into the hospital on post. Apparently, it was a horrible time to move,change addresses, etc.

In the midst of all this confusion that was going on yesterday, our furniture arrived. Some of it came, anyway. We got a sofa, love seat, ottoman, a night stand, and a bedroom dresser/mirror. I can't tell you how good it feels to have somewhere to sleep now. The floor was getting really old and I even have a bruise from laying on it so many nights in a row. I know, poor, pitiful me. LOL Sleeping on this couch made me so very thankful for Bailey's Furniture here in Fairbanks. Not only did they provide me with a comfy place to sleep, but the nice lady there told us about a friends and family sale in which we were able to save a thousand bucks!

I'm afraid to get moving and get all the cleaning done that I had hoped to do today once our furniture was in place. I suppose I'll get my knitting tools and finish the scarf I'm making. I could use some prayers today. My sister could use  some as well. She's been in and out of the hospital with severe migranes all week. Thanks! I look forward to a happier day tomorrow...

3 comments:

TheBookworm said...

I hope you are feeling better now!

Royal Smapson said...

Hope you are feeling better. I love the part in your post abbout Dr. Guider. In the Sampson house he is doctor #1. We love him. Without his advice, care, and prayers I don't think Klaire would still be here today. Thanks for Klaire's birthday card. Stay warm.

kacysue said...

Thanks, I am feeling much better. You are very welcome for the bday card. I'm glad it made it there and I hope she had a good birthday.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings