Thursday, April 8, 2010

Christmas Tree Lights

"What have you done?!", I screamed at Captain J early this morning. "Ugh, I can't just leave this laying around."

I threw the covers back and hopped out of bed to check the floor. I found nothing but extra pillows and a sock or two. "Babe, what are you talking about? Are you ok?"

Me- "The Christmas tree lights! They're broken and scattered across the floor!"

Captain J- "Huh?"

Slowly starting to realize maybe it wasn't that big of a mess, I crawled back into the warm covers of our bed with Captain J staring at me like I was a looney bin escapee. I just couldn't shake the feeling of how real it was so, once again, I got out of bed to clean up the mess from the broken Christmas tree lights. When I slid my foot (I know, great way to check) across most of the carpet and found nothing. I began to giggle and realize it was just an odd dream I had. At one o'clock this morning, Captain J and I were laughing at my ridiculousness and by five thirty a.m when he got up for work, we were laughing even more.

He is probably going to enjoy sleeping in the field tonight in the cold and snow- at least he'll be getting yelled at by big, tough Army guys and not his five foot three wifey. I'll sure miss him, though.

One of my favorite quotes is one by Maya Angelou that says:
"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."

I think I failed miserably today...but if I'm half asleep, does it even count?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kacy, this is hilarious! You crack me up! :)

wanderingmenace said...

hahahaha,
you're crazy. but in a pretty awesome way. :)

kacysue said...

It still makes me giggle at random times throughout the day. I guess I am a little nuts!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings