Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fishin' the Chena

Hello Bloggy Friends! I've been incredibly lazy today with no plans of changing that any time soon. I just wanted to be sure and write a blog entry because I have so much to tell you. First of all, I'd like to thank you for dealing with the name changes and sticking around to support my blog. Yesterday, I had just less than two hundred visits to my blog so I was very happy that there wasn't any confusion when I edited the domain. There will be more work done in the future, so look forward to a new look!

So how's life in Alaska, you may be wondering? It's been very nice lately. Our highs peak around 63 F and the sky has been mostly cloudless. It's a perfect temperature to spend time outside, however, the lovely weather brings with it those pesky mosquitos that are iconic of this area. They're pretty terrible. Just yesterday, one landed right on my forehead and left me looking like I hit my head on something hard.

Captain J, Drifter, and I went fishing this past weekend with no luck. I was getting pretty frustrated because my line kept getting tangled. When it was knot-free, the only thing I was catching were sticks. We will keep trying, though. I hope to catch the first fish of the season and show my dear hubby that I've got what it takes to be an excellent fisherwoman.


Drifter was hilarious. The mosquitos were buzzing around us all and he just wasn't putting up with it. Looking back, I should have recorded his behavior. His eyes were bouncing around left to right and his head was moving in all directions trying to catch a glimpse of those annoying insects flying around his head. He started trying to nonchalantly ignore them until they were in reach of his mouth and then he snapped at them. He was actually catching a few. I knew he was good for something. He has been so good lately that we're collectively holding our breath that he is just getting older and wiser. We shall see! I like that little husky more and more every day!


Tonight date night resumes since Captain J is done training for a couple weeks. Yipeeeeee!

Much love,

5 comments:

Beth Makowski said...

Kacy, I just LOVE reading your blogs. You always make me laugh!

chancesimtaking said...

Aww... I hope you catch the first fish of the season! Sounds like you are having fun up there in Alaska.
Enjoy your date night.

Jenn

sarah said...

lol! oh, drifter! graham and I were looking at chow chow puppies and they are some of the lowest ranking "intelligent" dogs according to stanley coren's measurements.... they're just so cute tho!

carissa said...

Awww your Drifter is adorable!!And as a new fisher myself, I'm rooting for you lady!

Jen said...

Your dog is beautiful!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings