Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Family News

Since Jordan has been working long hours for days at a time, consequently I've had lots of time to myself. This translates to more time for scrapbooking, crafting, reading, blogging, and dancing around the house cleaning and singing. I've enjoyed my "me time" but I was glad to hear yesterday afternoon that Captain J would be home for dinner and would be able to stay overnight. We enjoyed an evening dip in the hot tub even though Drifter took off with our towels and we had to emerge from the water into thirty degree temps. We've been in worse, no doubt! After drying off inside, we went back outside to fire up the grill. We didn't do much of anything, but all those nothing nights are perfect. I just love being around him! I hate I missed girls night with my Fairbanks dearies, though, but I'm confident there'll be another time. :)

In other family news, we got a new vacuum. Captain J, sneaky as he is, decided to tell me that I could go purchase a new vacuum at the PX after my workout on Monday. He knew he'd be spending the night outside again on post and that I'd have to assemble it myself. It took forever because I'm slow it's the man's job, right? Anyway, I felt quite accomplished when I flipped the switch to "on" and felt the contraption glide smoothly across the carpet picking up everything in its path. It's possibly the coolest thing that has happened this week after using the crappy vacuum we had prior to this one for seven and a half months. Now, tell me I'm not getting old. This could be the first sign: getting excited about household appliances- much less a cleaning tool.

I have one more announcement to make. Captain J is now a Captain in the United States Army! I'm so proud of him. I get to pin velcro his rank on him in a small ceremony on Friday afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.

That's what is new with us. What's new with you?

Much love,
Mrs. K

5 comments:

Kim said...

Loved the scrapbooking! Congats to Captain Weigle! Mom

Wierenga said...

Congrats on the Captain! Girls night was fun, but I'm sure that we'll do another one soon!

Laura Weigle said...

Congrats on the promotion Jordan and kacy (you earned it too) Now you will have to excuse my blatent bragging on FB , I'm proud of my son!

Jenn said...

congrats on his promotion!

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] still getting used to this whole Army Wife role (reflected here: In The Field?) We celebrated his promotion to Captain, [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings