Saturday, April 10, 2010

The little things

My stir-crazy brain was churning a mile a minute when Captain J's truck pulled into the snow and gravel covered driveway of our place. Home...and early! I was so excited until he got out of the vehicle, shut the door, and proclaimed, "Hey babe. I'm going to sleep."

I guess he didn't get much sleep after having to catch some zzz's outside. I understand, but I was somewhat distraught because while he was off "defending the free world" I was stuck in the house for days with no car, no human interaction, and little sleep to speak of myself.

Off Captain J goes to bed and I picked up my book again. After getting a little shut eye he wakes up and I'm (for lack of a better word) pouting. I tell him how I might pull my hair out if I don't find out soon that there are other people that exist in this world outside cyber space. I want to see another human being. I need interaction. This coming from an introvert, he recognized my desperate plea was serious. So, at around 9:15 PM we headed out. We stopped at a coffee shop downtown and ordered up a chai tea and hot chocolate to sip on while I people watched. (Do I sound creepy yet?)

Luckily, we went on a night that they were having live music. The sounds of old greats came through the speakers with a twist of their three person band's style. Captain J and I were enjoying each others company and I was very appreciative for the warm welcomes from the band members, the little girl with a joyful smile on her face playing with Mom and Dad, and the fresh air on the way back to the truck.

It's hard to beat a good cup of chai tea and wonderful company! It's the little things that make me happy.

Au Revoir,
Mrs. K

5 comments:

wanderingmenace said...

Ohhhhhhh I can definitely relate to craving real interaction!!
Sometimes I am such a hermit!
Nice you got out though.

Jenn said...

the funny thing is I have a car and still feel like that some days!

Dave Weigle said...

Tell Jordan I said he either needs to drive the jeep or get you a car.

Kaela Anne said...

I'm such an introvert too, Kacy, and I could completely appreciate this post. :) What a wonderful blog-- I love it!

molarky said...

I totally know the feeling! It's hard being so secluded, and no you're not creepy for people watching. I do it all the time, especially in air ports! :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings