Sunday, December 19, 2010

a Christmas blessing

After many, many negative pregnancy tests this year, I'm happy to report that I'm looking at three, wonderfully positive ones. Can you believe it? Captain J and I will be parents. I can't describe how happy this makes me. I wake up every morning and remember all over again. It brings a smile to my face (and sometimes some not so happy faces as I have experienced a little sickness but not much). Perhaps I'm premature in announcing this, but I'm just so elated. I have gone back and forth debating on whether I should talk about my experiences in TTC (trying to conceive) on this blog and with friends and family. For the most part, I kept my worries to myself and didn't express anything of the sort here or elsewhere. There were months of thinking, "I wonder if something is wrong with me physically", "I wonder if God doesn't see me as a fit parent", etc. Captain J and I tried our best to keep positive attitudes, repeating to ourselves that God would bless us when we were ready.

I'm grateful that the time has come for this blessing. We've prayed a lot for this life inside me and I have no doubt that it came at the right time. After all- our furniture hasn't shown up yet so that will be a lot of boxes, chairs, and other household goods that I won't have to move around when they finally do. ;) J is babying me already and I'm just going to soak it all up!

We notified J's parents first because we would be making them grandparents for the first time. Very excited exchanges evolved from that conversation as you can imagine. Then we were off to talk to my blended family: Mom & Joe and Dad & Julie. It feels so amazing to know that this baby will be so loved by many people.

I should have more of an update next week after a visit to Doc.

What a wonderful Christmas blessing. Thanks be to God!

18 comments:

Tryna Stegner said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the both of you. I'm sure that you will hear many, many times that parenthood is a blessing, but nothing can prepare you for the absolute joy that comes from holding, loving, and teaching your own child. Prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy are being sent to you from TN! :)

Whitney said...

congrats!

Sarah said...

EEEEEP!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!! Merry Christmas to you, you are both going to be great parents!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited?!)

Nicki said...

I am so very happy for the two of you. I also know what it feels like to worry and wonder if there might be something physically wrong or is it God's will to have children? Every time I feel baby Liam moving around in my belly and every morning when Gabriel runs into my room to crawl into bed with his "ba-ball" blankey to watch "Buzz" for the thousandth time, I just feel so absolutely blessed and I say a prayer for the Lord to bring my friends this same kind of happiness. I know you and Jordan will be great parents. I can't wait to hear about all of your experiences on this wonderful journey of parenthood.

jessica @ {mis}adventures of an army wife said...

Congrats! Here's to a healthy pregnancy!

lola said...

Congratulations! That is amazing news! :)

Becca said...

Yeay! Congratulations!! Everything is going to be FINE. It's weird just having had a baby...I looked at the calendar and realized I have spent most of the year pregnant, but it FLEW by, despite what everyone says. What a time of newness and growth for your family with the move and the new little life...enjoy every moment. It will be the most challenging thing you have ever done and you will never be more in love. It's amazing!!

Niki said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Kacy u are going to be an amazing mom!! Congrats girl!! Congrats!!!

Sylvia said...

Oh Kacy & Jordan, so happy about the wonderful news!!! You guys will make such great parents. Kacy, you have had such amazing women, your mom and your mimi, in your life that you can't help but be a great mom. And from all I've heard about Jordan's parents, I know that he will be a great dad.Very excited to hear all about your adventures during your pregnancy.Good luck and my God bless you both.

sespi said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations!! :)

Jenn said...

Yay I'm so excited for the two of you. Soak it up while you can! Especially with this PSC cause the rest of them will be on you.

Jennifer said...

Congrats! What a wonderful Christmas present!

hmb said...

congratulations! super happy for you!

Annie said...

Congrats chickadee!!

Megan said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news!

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] December allowed us time with family as we reached them in time for Christmas. The best gift of this month was finding out that we are expecting a little one! [...]

good is great. « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] wish to be there, but I don’t want to wish my life away. We’ve had good times here. We found out we were expecting here, Savannah was spectacular, spring came early for us ex-Alaskans, and we’ve made some fun [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings