Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Columbus Day!

Ok, so it's not really Columbus Day for the entire country, but for this military family it is! This past Tuesday, Captain J and I pulled up to what is to be our last hotel on our long PCS journey. My beautiful Beamer, J's F350 baby, two sweet Alaskan huskies, and a few items of clothing were all we had to our names but I can't describe how good it felt to finally be in Columbus, GA. This is the city that will be home to us until the Army tells us otherwise. We've made it!


On our first night here, we drove around exploring a bit until we decided to stop and have dinner. I knew we were going to have some semblance of a date night so I wanted to look pretty :) If you follow me on Twitter, you know that my husband has created an awesome tradition for when we travel. Can I brag on him for just a moment? He gets me new jewelry that is characteristic of the place we're visiting. When we were in Arizona, he bought me this:



I put the necklace and earrings on (obviously) and actually painted my face a bit. To say that I was slacking in that department during our trip is a definite understatement.


Captain J and I had Mexican cuisine at a place called, Los Amigos. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all, but we enjoyed it. I ordered shrimp fajitas and a frozen margarita. Yum!



I think we're going to like it here.


Are you in the Fort Benning area? Do you know someone who is? Send me their blog links! I'd love to get to know the city via the blogs and it would be awesome to get to know some friends in the area, too.


Updates to come!


(P.S.- It feels wonderful to be a two car family again! Woo hoo! Freedom.)


(P.P.S.- The realty website already took down the photos of our new place, pictures to come in the near future.)

6 comments:

sespi said...

We're in Georgia, but on the opposite side of the state. If you're ever in the Augusta region for some reason, let me know! And I think Jessica at http://meandhimandthearmy.blogspot.com is PCSing to Benning soon.

kimbodarlin said...

Love the jewelry buying tradition...I always buy a Christmas ornament.....I think I like yours better. Love ya...see ya soon?

Jessica said...

I spent quite a bit of time in Columbus this summer while the husband was at Ranger school (he has extended family in the area) and I fell in love with it, plus you're close to the ATL! I hope you enjoy it there as much as I did!

Lydia said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!! :) the jewelry is beautiful..!! Congrats on moving*! :)

bjlonsford said...

Im in Ga, but im right on the Tn/Ga border, so probably not close to yoU!

hmb said...

The necklace is too cute!

And there are lots of lovely blogger girls in Benning....Loving Wife just got there as did Lola....Megan and Kate are also there :-)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings