Friday, December 31, 2010

Twelve in One

As a reflection of 2010, I thought it was high time for a favorite moments post-

January was a very exciting time in my life as I married my Captain J (although he wasn't a Captain at the time).

February came and brought with it a new place for the Cap'n and I to live- Read about that here in Life's Greatest Blessing. There were ups and downs in this month, including adopting our dear Drifter dog and briefly thinking I was allergic to him.

In March, we took a trip to the gorgeous Valdez, continued to love on each other (see this date night), attended the Alaska Outhouse Race of 2010, discovered broomball, and enjoyed another scenic hike at Angel Rocks.

In April, I was reminded that I was still getting used to this whole Army Wife role (reflected here: In The Field?) We celebrated his promotion to Captain, too.

May brought some happiness, too. I won a writing contest for this post: The Captain and Her. The snow melted and we began to enjoy the little things that Alaska offered. Later that month, I finally got my football fix.

June came and Captain J and I got to take our honeymoon to Hawaii.

July was awesome as we hosted our first (and only) visitors to Alaska (Read about fishing for Halibut with my sister and brother-in-law here). Drifter continued to thrive and my love for him blossomed (as I found out here).

August brought about some great weather and a new addition to our household! We took a very memorable trip to Wonder Lake in Denali National Park.

September brought me closer to family as I traveled home alone to see my friends and family.

We spent October hanging out with good friends, taking a crazy trip to the Arctic Circle, and celebrating Halloween!

November is my birthday month but it was bittersweet because we also had to say goodbye to all the friends we had made up in the Great White North. Our family migration from AK to GA began!

December allowed us time with family as we reached them in time for Christmas. The best gift of this month was finding out that we are expecting a little one! Despite who that announcement offended, the two of us are thrilled and hoping for a sweet, healthy baby come August.

I look forward to what 2011 may bring. Happy New Year to you all :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

Great post to sum up the year! Hope you are feeling okay in your first trimester...I remember in my first trimester all I could eat was fruit and captain crunch cereal...which is so random because I hadn't had it since I was like, 12 :)

Happy New Year!

Lydia Isabelle said...

OMG!! CONGRATSSSSSS on your pregnancyy!!!! yayy!!! Im so
happy for you!!!! what a great way to start of the new year!!! how
exciting!! :) Hapy New Year mommy 2 be!

Jenn said...

Love the summary and what an eventful year!!!!! I'm sure next year will be exciting as well!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings