Friday, December 3, 2010

the one where I complain

I'm awake. I'm tempted to call up all my Alaska buddies because I'm sure they would be the only ones awake at this hour. I might just like this time change. Anyway, why am I up, complaining on my blog? Well, I'll tell you. It's because of these two numbskulls:



I'm sick of them. There, I said it. Yeah, they look cute and innocent in that photo but they (read: Drifter) are far from it. This is the trip of a lifetime that Captain J and I are making, but having two rambunctious huskies kind of throws a kink in all that. We can't take them off the pavement in any National Park we've been to thus far so saving money camping is out of the question. Not to mention, we aren't able to do the trails that we'd like to do either. Just earlier, J and I were having dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and we got a phone call saying that people were complaining about our dog whining. I'll give you one guess as to who that would be. I'm just over it.

Traveling around the country with your honey is supposed to be exciting, romantic, and fun...Getting our evening interrupted so that we can go take care of our dog is none of the three.

I slept for awhile but I woke up to little paws in my face and a 50lb mutt on my feet.

I'm not that much of a dog person. When they're taking over the bed, they've got to go outside. They're dogs. Dogs! J forgets that a lot! I never allowed them to sleep with us in Alaska so I don't know why we've started that now. I just cannot wait to get home now- to a place where I can have my husband back. I want to sleep in the same bed as him without feeling like I'm being cuddled by a bunch of stinky mutts. I want to wake up in the morning and not have to find a cold wet nose on my bum. I want to greet Drifter and Holly with a smile again when I see them for the first time in the mornings instead of a "shoo, excuse me, MOVE out of my box" look that comes much more easily these days.

I wouldn't trade those two for anything in the world, but tonight I'd love nothing more than to have a bed to sleep in with absolutely no dog breath to wake me in the a.m. I'm afraid that's just not going to happen, though.

Poor, poor, pityful me.

7 comments:

Annoyed Army Wife said...

Oh man, I feel your pain. Even though my dogs are a bit smaller than yours (um...12 lb and 4 lb Chihuahua) it's hell traveling with them. And when we move we have the bunnies with us, too, so the bunnies also harass the dogs and get them wound up. Oh man, I'm sorry. I hope your trip goes by faster.

Mrs. K said...

2 dogs and rabbits?! I bet that is chaos.

Jenn said...

So this is what we have to look forward to in driving across country with our two pups. lol. Safe travels!

Mrs. K said...

Ha! When you text me yesterday, I almost told you not to read my latest! Lol

Uncle Bill said...

A word to the wise: kids are not much different than dogs! Aunt Susie

Nina said...

I so know what you mean. We have only one beagle, and he behaves really well - loves to nap wherever we leave him, and is most of the time a real angel.
However, it is a pain when you try to go to national parks and whatnot, and can't take dogs with you. It always takes tons of prior planning, and still furry kids restrict what you can do, where to go.

But hey, tomorrow is a new day! I hope your adventure gets better in the morning!

Mrs. K said...

ha! I'll keep that in mind!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings