Monday, December 27, 2010

Parade Rain

When one gets pregnant, instantly many people feel the need to enlighten the pregnant person on a variety of different topics- much of which are appreciated. I enjoy hearing stories of experiences in prenatal, postpartum, child rearing, and the like. It's comforting to hear stories from women who have been through many of the same things I'm experiencing and knowing that women have been doing this for years! Let me tell you, I know I don't have it too bad, but that isn't to say that I've felt like running a million miles a minute when I wake up in the morning. I don't. I feel dizzy, nausea, icky, and with a side of heart burn. I'm not complaining, though. I actually enjoy the feeling a tiny bit because it reminds me that this baby is real. 

But allow me to let you in on the not so awesome side of being pregnant...

The assumptions that I "shouldn't do this" or I "shouldn't do that". The ridiculous comparisons- I never felt tired, why should she? That attitude is selfish and really very ignorant. Clearly, each pregnancy is different for each woman and one person couldn't possibly know another person's experience with it.



I won't be tolerating that line of thinking. I'm going to do whatever I can to have a health baby boy or girl and I don't care whose toes I step on along the way to do so. What is important to me is my son or daughter. So if resting makes me weak than so be it! ;)

Will you join me in praying for this baby boy or girl? Captain J and I would really appreciate it. It makes me nervous that we haven't been able to get into a doctor yet due to complications with the PCS. Ya know, Army stuff. The last thing I want or need is any added stress so please add us to your prayer list if you're the prayin' kind! Thank you so much.

I will continue to keep you updated on how I'm doing, but I promise not to only talk about that! I mean, hearing how I feel on a daily basis probably isn't why you read a blog, huh? Actually, my stepmom got me a pregnancy journal for Christmas that I've already started writing a bit in. I really like it! I look forward to having more accurate dates for the lunar calendar and hearing the words, "Baby looks healthy."

Until then, please don't rain on my parade. I'm leaning on God to help me along the way. Him, and my darling husband, J, who has been pretty darn good to me! I'm so grateful to be showered with all these blessings.

6 comments:

Candice said...

Will be praying for you, Jordan, and the little
one.

Michelle said...

Kacy, I can relate. I didn't even know I was pregnant for
almost 8 weeks! (You've heard the stories before.) I was horrified
because everyone kept asking "well, have you eaten this?" or "how
much wine have you had to drink?" Yikes! That, and the fact that I
was automatically in the high-risk category because of my age
(boo!). I tuned it all out, gave Bryan strict instructions not to
compare my pregnancy to Indiana's mom's, and away we went! All was
fine, then at about 7 months, my doctor told me I should quit
wearing my high heeled shoes. I thought I would faint. Ha! I hate
to tell you, the "helpful information" keeps pouring in. It's like
women feel obligated to tell you or something. Anyway, you can
count on our prayers for you, J and that precious baby! Hang in
there! Love ya! Michelle

Kimmie said...

I must start off by saying this is YOUR pregnancy and you are not going to feel exactly like anyone else. Of course you are going to feel some things that half the pregnant women in the world feel and you are also going to feel some things that some women don't. Don't worry about it. You have had a little extra stress these last few weeks so you need to take it easy on the mental side of things. Traveling cross country, trying to find a home to live in, Christmas shopping (and decorating..lol), then heading back to the relatives homes and trying to please everyone with your company, adds a lot of stress. Don't play into that game.......you do what you need to do and the rest of us can just deal with it! (If that means laying in bed all day eating bon bon's ...then so be it!) Ha...love ya' so much!!!! Mom

Miranda said...

Ditto to the mama, (your mama!) I don't know from actual experience, but my sisters have even felt differently in comparison to each of their other pregnancies (5 in total) the odds prove everyone (even each pregnancy) is unique. Don't sweat it-just say, yes! to sweatpants & rest! And don't stress, or try not to. And yes, I do read your blog to see how you are feeling. So please do blog about your pregnancies! lol Love you! See ya Thursday!

Miranda said...

P.S. this is random. It may already exist. But I was thinking about you and your unborn and how it must be soooo annoying for the same questions: "How far along are you?" "What are you having?" "When are you due?" ect. So to resolve this issue, I was thinking we should make a shirt with velcro interchangeable letters/numbers to answer all these questions before people can ask. LOL. Is that rude? I think it is funny. Also, it should say "DON'T TOUCH MY BELLY!!!!!" -although, I am gonna want to touch your belly. =)

Jenn said...

I love that you are standing up for yourself!!!! Mama Knows best... and by mama I mean you! You know whats right for you, your body, your baby, and your family. Everyone will have opinions and advice along the way... So take what you like and Tell the rest that your doing just fine doing it your way. We will totally have you and your family in prayer! Keep your head up Mama! Now that's an order ;-)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings