Monday, January 17, 2011

I love Kirklands!

Yes,  Austin...you, too but I'm referring to the store one right now. Don't you just love that place? I never got into the home stores much because for the majority of time that I spent living on my own, I was broke. There was no decorating my condo in college because all my money went toward paying bills and food. I just never had fun in those types of places. Now that there's a little room for pretty things, look out! I still enjoy finding the bargain, though. Just this weekend, I bought lots of new goodies for the den area and saved about 300 bucks.


Might I remind you what this couch looked like in Alaska?



Pretty blah (and gross). We finally got the Drifter and Holly hair off the couch and they're no longer allowed on the furniture. Anyway, this couch came with these awful pillows that I can't seem to find a photo of. Trust me, they were wacky. I was looking forward to giving this furniture set a cheap makeover.


Enter den photos.




I also changed up the bedroom a tiny bit with a different pillow, sheets, and a new mirror. This mirror had been $150, I got it for $40 :)



I spent the day finding bargains, thanks to the sale at Kirklands (no one contacted me or will compensate me for writing this review) and I get to come home to this man- preparing dinner for me:



I'm one lucky (and very happy) gal:


4 comments:

~Debra said...

Sounds perfect to me! And yay for someone else cooking. That is always a plus!

Louise Barnes said...

some more great places? Try TJMaxx, Marshalls, Goodwill, Consignment stores. With a base nearby, I imagine there are lots of people who consign furnishings. You are going to have sooooo much fun! and soon you will begin to long to find baby and nursery items.

Mel said...

Looks cozy! And I love coming home to Al cooking, lucky girl!

bjlonsford said...

I LOVE that place!! It's like heaven, they are always having sales!!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings