Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh, happy day

Today was a good day. I wonder how many of my post start off that way? I suppose it's not a bad thing to recognize that life is pretty darn sweet around here. I woke up feeling not quite so wonky, not quite so fatigued. Out to breakfast, I discovered that Starbucks will make any of their drinks decaf. Enter happiness overload. I vowed to cut out caffeine (except for the occasional sweets) when I found out I was expecting. No cokes, no coffee, no so-many-other-things-I-love. Oh, how I've missed my daily dose of coffee. I enjoyed a cup without feeling bad about myself one bit.

Later, I felt so good that the hubs and I took Drifter and Holly for a walk around the park near our house. As always, they loved getting out and about. Holly donned her easily excitable demeanor as she looked from tree to tree spotting squirrels and flighty birds. Drifter seemed to just be glad to be among the living. He's so social; you would think he never sees humans or other dogs.

[caption id="attachment_2210" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I'm ready to go, Mom!"][/caption]

Guess what? After our stroll down lover's lane, I STILL felt pretty good. J headed off to the grocery store to prepare for THE GAME while I stayed and tried to clean the disaster area my house had become. We began to prepare to watch the Steelers vs. Jets and settle in for the night.





Needless to say, this game contributed to my good day with a win from the Steelers! AFC champs, yet again. It's a pretty exciting Sunday around here. Just ask Drifter-



GO STEELERS!


p.s- Take a look over at the right hand side of the page. See the nifty poll located there? If you haven't already, go vote to tell me whether you think we're having a baby girl or baby boy. Thanks y'all!

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Good days are THE best!

Jenn said...

I love when everything falls into place like that. and of course the Steelers won!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings