Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Itchy hives behind my ears, IN my ears, creeping down my neck, making my hands swell- this, my friends, is what I've been dealing with today. I pulled out my trusty friend, Google and helplessly typed in "pregnancy hives first trimester" and what did I find? Page after page of information saying that hives were actually quite common early on...especially in MULTIPLES! Eek! I freaked out a bit.

Anyway, after enduring hours of this nonsense, I had had enough. A lightbulb came on in my pretty little (swollen, red, bumpy) head. I was starving the other day while on the road so I bought a small bag of trail mix to tide me over until I could get something a little more filling in me. Thankfully, the baby wasn't feeling the trail mix so I put the bag down after a couple bites.

Let's fast forward to just minutes ago, I dizzily sauntered up to our mostly bare kitchen cabinets and found the culprit. Lo and behold, "sulfites" was listed as an ingredient. Remember my run in with my allergy to sulfa last year? Ding, ding, ding! Duh. I've got to start checking for that more furiously because this really blows.

I've been miserable. Miserable! But ya know what? I feel better already just knowing the cause of it and knowing the end is in sight. Tomorrow morning I shall call my doctor and beg for a safe miracle drug. Maybe in the mean time, the Big Man Upstairs will comfort me some more. He's been my rock today!

Anyway, I'm feeling up for a baby update. I'm 7 weeks and 4 days preggo which means (according to iampregnant) that:
Your baby's leg and arm buds are longer now and they have divided into segments where the hands and feet will be. The hands and feet also have an area where the fingers and toes will begin to form. At this point of your pregnancy, the heart is bulging from the body and it has divided into right and left chambers. The brain's hemispheres are continuing to grow and the air passages into the lungs are visible. Your baby's eyes are beginning to get pigment. The nose is developing and the beginning of the face can be seen. The baby's abdomen is developing quickly and the appendix and pancreas are already present. Your baby's digestive tract is beginning to form and the hindgut is present.

I would provide a picture, but it's not a pretty sight. I've gained 5lbs (which I like to blame on our trip across America!) and don't forget about the unsightly red rash, thanks to my nemesis, Sulfa.

We'll talk again soon. I'm going to attempt to get some rest and try my very best not to itch!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I have the same reaction from Sulfa. I sure hope that you feel better now.

I have been MIA for a while and I stopped by to catch up with your blog. Seeing that you were talking about pregnancy blew my mind...I immediately backed up and read about your wonderful little holiday blessing! ♥ I am SO happy for you two! I will be praying for y'all...and, I hope you know how jealous your other babies are going to be. :)

Many Blessings,
Kristine

Mrs. K said...

Yes, I'm sure they'll be a little jealous once the baby gets here! :) Thanks for the congrats- we are so happy! I'm feeling better, too. Aren't sulfa products everywhere? Ugh -it's frustrating! Have a great day.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings