Saturday, January 15, 2011

the one where Jung was accurate

If you studied psychology at all, you'll probably remember hearing the name Carl Jung. Jung, like most great psychologists (in my opinion), was a real weirdo. One story regarding this man has always stuck with me since my days of memorizing various old, dead guy theories in college:

Carl had a strange relationship with his mother. He often described her and other women as being innately unreliable due to her seemingly normal personality during the day and her eccentric, unpredictable one at night. Later on, he used this early happening in his life to explain why he often mistreated and misunderstood women calling it the "handicap I started off with." (hmf! Men!)

Anyway, I've been remembering the sometimes wise words of ole Carl Jung lately. Innately unreliable? Yep, that's me. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, the occasional sickness, or just downright laziness, but I have begun to feel less like a human being and more like a bump on a log. The days of waking up early to fix J breakfast have come to an end. I barely roll out of bed until 9 o'clock now because I fear sitting up without eating something first will cause multiple trips to the bathroom. I'm accustomed to my house being fairly clean, but I just can't seem to stay on top of it. I'm definitely unreliable these days and I'm beginning to feel as if this is how I've been all along.

Second trimester, where are you, friend? I look forward to meeting you. I think my husband is tired of the personality shifts and I know I am. Send help soon!

Love,

2 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

What can I do to help? I'm praying for you. If you want us to come down next weekend I will happily help with whatever you need done Laura

Mel said...

Hey! I won't be moving to Ft. Benning but if Al's down there for 6 weeks for training, I will likely come visit. Perhaps you could show me around!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings