Monday, January 31, 2011

My Veteran


I'm so incredibly thankful and proud of that man. It's easy to remember in our day to day lives how much military families are asked to sacrifice. What I tend to forget is how much my husband sacrificed individually. After all, while he was off in Iraq, I was exercising my freedom to get an education. I was sitting comfortably in my air conditioned home, surrounded by friends and family who love me. I forget that Captain J had little luxury for the year he was away. I forget that he took a year out of his life and decided he would spend it  in a war torn country, attempting to make beneficial changes there. I tend to forget because I like to think of that as his job. It's something separate from me, right? But being in the military is so much more than just a job.  I'm really proud to be married to my veteran! This picture just reminds me that there are so many men and women currently serving overseas who are sacrificing their lives in some capacity every single day. Thank God for each of them!


P.S.- He's not bad on the eyes either ;)


P.P.S- Link up your recent military related post here.

2 comments:

chancesimtaking said...

aww this is a touching post. I do tend to forget all of this. Thank you for reminding me to do more then just a simple prayer for them.

Sarah said...

I know, I could never do what they do. So proud of and thankful for our men!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings