Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Fall officially begins in two days and I can't express how excited that makes me! It's easily my favorite season and it brings with it my favorite holiday--Halloween! Much to my husband's dismay, I've already begun to decorate our house. Below is just a tiny peek of what's to come in our household. Here's my mantel this year:




Most of the above pictured was stuff I had around the house. I move items around and re-purpose a lot so I tried not to buy much. I did pick up some Ivory and Black spray paint to make my life a little easier. Don't limit your creativity to what's located inside your house, take a walk outside and see if you can find anything you might want to use or make beautiful! I grabbed various branches-

and painted some black, some white, and left some their usual color. Mixing textures and colors always makes me smile- see what you can find! Note: The leaves are fake.

The wine bottle ghost was super easy, too. I painted it white and grabbed some black scrapbook paper, cutting tools, and my hot glue gun to create a scary face. Last year, I did a similar thing with ribbon and it looked like a mummy! It was cute, too.

There are three candles pictured-

although I'm not sure you can see them in the photo. I didn't have black and white candles around so I found old ones that will no longer light properly- the more misshapen, the better! I also used the spray paint to create the colors of candles I wanted. I dressed some of them up with orange, festive fabric.

Looking for something a little less time consuming? Check out the following (free) printables:


I googled some spooky quotes and found this one to put on the chalkboard by the mantle.

How fun? I'm getting so excited for this season! Expect many more Halloween posts, DIY tutorials, and ideas over the next month.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

XOXO,


8 comments:

Jen said...

I am so excited for Halloween!!! I can hardly wait!

Jenn said...

LOVE it!

Chantal said...

I love the fall!

Kristin said...

I LOVE Halloween. I mean, I don't like dressing up or going to parties, but I love the spookiness of it. I may have to pull out Hocus Pocus this weekend. And that quote? Awesome.

Karen said...

EEeeee I LOVE Halloween. And Fall. So excited for it this year - I'm making Nora's costume :) Love your mantle.

Angie said...

Fall officially started at my house September 1st! I gotta tell you though, it's so cold this morning I think Fall has came and gone & winter has set in.

Your mantle looks great! I love that you repurpose items you aleady have. Holiday/Seasonal Decorating can be so expensive.

Amber Nicole said...

Love it all!!!

Becca said...

I love the chalkboard quote!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings