Thursday, September 6, 2012

K Baby Goes To The Zoo

Yesterday on my facebook page, I boldly told everyone to check out my recent post on going to the zoo. Minutes later, I realized I totally fabricated that in my mind. There was never any zoo post, there were only thoughts of one. Just like I can't recall if I ever posted about Baby K's first birthday party. I just don't know. My mind is swirling with preparations for Baby A, moving, and everything else I've got going on that I just don't know my foot from my elbow. I won't apologize for I'm sure you don't care about these little (big!) events in my life, but it upsets me that I blog less and less. I wouldn't mind if I was at least journaling about my life lately, but I haven't been. I don't want to forget all these special moments we have left to savor as a family of three. I'm scatterbrained and forgetful, ya know. I must write these things down.

We woke up that morning, itching to do something new. If you know the area, you know what kind of challenge this can be to find a kid friendly, new adventure to partake in. I asked Mr. Google what he thought about it and he spouted off all sorts of silly answers, but among them was this little gem:


It took about an hour and a half to get there. We really weren't expecting much seeing as the primary activities of our immediate area include strip clubs and bars. But it turned out to be better than our expectations! Most of the small zoo is covered with shade which was a nice reprieve from the insanely hot day. Their variety of animals was more impressive than we imagined, too.

Baby K's favorites were the ducks, a particular peacock, monkeys, and an amusing fan outside the tiger cage. We found it interesting that he just could not take his eyes off that fan when there was an enormous beautiful white tiger enjoying his lunch right in front of our eyes. 





It was so hot, we poured pedialyte into little man. Poor dude was soaking wet when we got home.

During the drive back, we found a drive-thru daiquiri place for Captain J. Actually, I was super excited, too. We pulled up and I ordered a virgin pina colada which I quickly found out that they didn't do. Alcohol only. Hmph! Pregnant girls need fruity, cool drinks, too.


Still, it was a pleasant day.




I hope I remember Sweet Baby K's look of wonder when the zoo train passed by. I hope I can recall his little laugh when the monkeys climbed the fence to get a closer look at him. I hope I always treasure that day as one I got to spend with my wonderful husband and our growing family. They are all so precious to me.

4 comments:

Jen said...

How does a place not to virgin drinks! That's crazy!

Chantal said...

Very fun! And yeah, how does it not have alcohol free? lol

Melissa Cox said...

Sadly the daiquiri place has the drinks already made (with alcohol) it's in one of those spinning slushie type things. They should have a few fun alcohol free ones though.. It's sad they don't.

Anonymous said...

Yum drive thru drinks!? Sounds amazing! Too bad they didn't anything for you though. Zoo days are always fun!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings