Monday, September 3, 2012

Current in September

Happy September, friends! I have high hopes for this month that it is going to fly by smoothly and contain elements of fall. That's sort of a pipe dream here in Cajun Country, but I'll still cross my fingers. I have many things to update you on- like my Mom's trip here to visit and Captain J, Baby K, and my adventures at the Alexandria zoo. One day, I'll do that. Today, I'll tell you what's going on in the life of Mrs. K.

Currently Reading:
Currently Feeling:
I'm 26 Weeks, but I feel at least 30 Weeks along in the pregnancy. I think I waddle a bit. I know that December will be here before we know it, but right now I'm none too excited about the fact that I have at least 12-14 weeks left of feeling this way. Not to mention- the whole family is sick right now. It's not pleasant at our house.
I'm also getting pretty nervous about this tumultuous time in our lives. In December we'll welcome a new baby into our family. Then it will be Christmas. Then it will be time to move. But where? We have no idea where J will find a job once he gets out of the Army. It sounds incredibly hectic.

Currently Going on with Scentsy:
I'm trying really hard not to buy the Scent of the Month: Caramel Pear Crisp

I started selling Scentsy a couple months ago and it has been a fun way to make a little extra money. Let me know if you'd like to get in on it, too. I'm still learning the ropes, but I really like this company! It's also nice when my house smells like Blueberry Cheesecake or Warm Apple Cider instead of diapers and dishes. Ha ;)

Currently Saving:
Captain J and I have deemed September- "No Spendtember." We're trying to avoid buying anything that's not necessary. We'll see how it goes. In an effort to save up for a new ride and other things Baby A will cause us to need, we're watching our bank account more closely. I love my car, but I think it's time for something a little roomier. Captain J is so tall that he doesn't fit in either of the front seats when there are two carseats in the back. So there's that. We also will probably need a double stroller and I'd like to get a jogging one so that I won't get fat. Babies are expensive, folks.

Currently Proud of:
My recent sewing project-

and of course, this little guy-
He is still working on his walking skills, but I've noticed him paying more attention when I point to things. Yesterday at the zoo, I saw that he was actually following what I was trying to show him. I used to point and he'd stare at my hand. I know these things don't matter to you, but whatever. Mama's proud.

What are you up to these days?

8 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet picture of him! :)

Anonymous said...

Trying hard NOT to buy it? Girrrrrl...cave! That's a great one! :)

And look at you, sewing up a storm! I got a pattern for diaper covers when I was pregnant with Ethan, then never made them. :( Yours looks good!

Kristin said...

No wonder people have babies while in the army. At least the medical end is covered then, right??
I just found out we're outta here in April. *cue nerves and panic attacks*

Kasey said...

I love that no spendtember idea! pretty good one, I may jump on that too :)

Brittany said...

I love Scentsy! I'll keep you in mind for my next order! I need to start sewing again. And I love that photo of you little guy! He is too cute!!

Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. http://britpins.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Chantal said...

Oh we're sticking to our budget this month too. 3 days in and it's killer! Haha

Anonymous said...

We're trying not to spend at all in September as well. We have big trips coming up next month and we need to save all the money can. And that is an adorable picture of the little one!

jessica said...

Love that diaper cover! Oh haha and I love your "No Spendtember" especially since for us we'll be celebrating September the "Spendtember" way it seems like!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings