Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That Smell

Do you know that smell? The one little ones put off- that smells not quite good, but not quite bad either? It's the aroma that could come from a yummy smelling spaghetti dinner piled on some other incredibly sweet smelling dessert. The mixture is odd, but not revolting to inhale. It's actually delightful and calming to me. It matters not that I spent the last five hours trying to wrangle my wiggly and often complainy 13 month old. As soon as he finally rests his head in the crook of my arm, eyes fluttering, and body settling I catch the slightest whiff of the smell and my heart smiles. What was life like before I knew this smell?

I don't want to remember.

4 comments:

Jen said...

This is a very sweet post. :)

Karen said...

So sweet! I too love that smell :)

Becca said...

I think it's a combination of pee, drool, and something sweet. So all in all, it ends up being something like sweet and sour soup :) I know exactly what you mean.

Chantal said...

This is a convo I had with my husband shortly after Penny was born...

B: Oh, she smells so good!
Me: It's so we don't kill her.

Haha. I love baby smells!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings