Tuesday, November 29, 2011

dates, screams, and things

As you know, Baby K had some visitors this past weekend! His Lolly and Pop paid him a visit. As they rolled into town, Captain J and I rolled out for a date night that was a long time comin'. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to have conversation in the car. I couldn't possibly describe to you how fantastic it was to hold my husband's hand as we strolled into the theatre (instead of being attached to the car seat and diaper bag!). It was a much appreciated reprieve and some time we needed to re-connect. By the movie's end, though, we were ready to get back to our sweet boy. We canceled our dinner plans and headed home to snuggle with him.



We found out later that our little man screamed the.entire.time.

Bless his heart. (More on this later)

Anyway, what movie did we see you might ask? Well, Breaking Dawn, of course! It pained me to have to wait so long to see it, but that's how it goes when you've got a child. I couldn't go gallivanting off to the midnight premier like we did with Harry Potter. I must say, I felt just fine seeing it at 4ish in the afternoon. I must be getting old.

The movie was pretty good. The first part was too lovey-dovey-pukey for my likin', but it got better as the movie progressed. I love where they ended it! The books will always have my allegiance, though--much better than the movies as per usual.

Look! I got my picture made with Edward!



And I'll quit talking about the Twilight series now because I know many of you do not give a hoot about my thoughts on the matter.

Let's talk of K Baby, shall we? I told you he screamed all night while his Lolly and Pop watched him. Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Sure, he has good days, but most of them are bad for him. He screams out in pain. He cries. He fusses. But sometimes he is completely inconsolable. :'( It breaks my heart.

Today I went to PWOC and the ladies in my small group witnessed first-hand what the doctors were calling colic. They assured me that it wasn't colic- that it was a scream of pain. We ended up taking Baby K back to the doctor (4th time!) and finally got a different answer, along with some medication. I really hope it works. Remember those guilt notes I talked about? Go ahead and tack on feeling bad about not standing up for him more when I knew something was wrong. I just accepted their answer of colic and let him cry. :(

I'm hoping his reflux is remedied by the medicine now. We should see a difference in a couple of days.

That's all I've got for ya. I'm exhausted!

Next time I post, I'll be back with the winners of my latest giveaway!

Love you, mean it.

-Mrs. K

3 comments:

Kari Presley said...

We had to take Jackson to see Dr. Guider yesterday for the exact same thing. He will scream uncontrollably after his bottle and then be completely fine. We also thought it might be colic, but now they think it's acid reflux. We started meds last night and are adding rice cereal to his bottles to hopefully help him keep it down. I hope our little ones start to feel better soon! It is awful seeing them in pain, and not know what is wrong or how to help. We were both crying at the doctor's office!

Walta said...

Kac,
I am sooooo sorry.
Don't beat yourself up; being a new mom is dang hard (being a mom period is hard).
Praying for Kinley to get through this quickly (you and Jordan too).
see you soon!
walta

JeLisa | Blogging Ever After said...

1. Lolly and Pop just might be the cutest grandparent nicknames ever!

2. "I can’t tell you how wonderful it felt to have conversation in the car. I couldn’t possibly describe to you how fantastic it was to hold my husband’s hand as we strolled into the theatre (instead of being attached to the car seat and diaper bag!)." <-- That sentence could have been copied and pasted straight from my mind! Galen and I have had a couple date nights to the movies/dinner, and it was so weird/wonderful to be just us two and hold each other's hand instead of the baby/gear. And I always ended up missing Zav, but Galen was always way too happy to be out to go back home early, lol.

3. I've had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that Zavier's pediatrician probably had it wrong about a few things. I would suppress my mother's instinct about something because the educated, experienced pediatrician seemed so sure about what he was saying. Never again. I ended up realizing Zavier couldn't speak up for himself, and I was his advocate, and if I felt like the pediatrician had it wrong, it was okay - and necessary - to get a second opinion.

Don't feel too guilty about it, though - you've never been a Mommy before, and you're figuring this stuff out just like the rest of us. I hope your sweet baby feels better!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings