Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Finding the Good" Part 2

If you missed the first part of this story, you can catch up here.

Thanksgiving Day I woke up in a foul mood. Despite having the perfect little boy to spend my day with and a husband who is safely in country, I had my lame face on. Baby K was fussy and I desperately wanted some space, but I also wanted to be around J and K on this day. I was very back and forth and missing family back in Tennessee somethin' awful.

We decided to go for a walk, then I decided to go for a run, just to get away and have my cry.



I turned on "Lady Gaga Radio" on Pandora and quickly realized how ancient I am because not only did I not know the songs that were playing, but I also only averaged 12 minute miles.

After the run, I sat in the car and felt sorry for myself that I wasn't going to be eating turkey with my family on Thanksgiving Day.

Hubby and I had plans for Pizza Hut.

I started thinking about Thanksgivings past and I realized how completely absurd it was to categorize this year as a bad year. I have so so much to be thankful for. At the very tippy top of that list is the health of my sweet almost four month old!

Later on that weekend, J's parents paid us a visit in Cajun Country. By Saturday evening, we had a Cajun flavored fried turkey on the table, along with mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, green bean casserole, gravy, bread, apple pie, and chocolate cobbler (I'm sure I'm missing something, too)! And wouldn't you know it...Mama got to eat! Baby K was an angel all throughout our meal--and wide awake, too. It felt so wonderful to have my expanding family all at the table.

Of course, I missed my family, but it was so nice to spend the day with his.

My blessings are abundant and I've got pictures to prove it!
Cookin' the bird

My In-Laws

Lazy, rainy Saturday celebration


Psalm 75:1 "We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks!
For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near."


4 comments:

Be Real Be Happy said...

yay!, i am glad you were able to get over feeling a little down and had a fun filled weekend

Pop said...

Thanks for the wonderful Thanksgiving! The food, hospitality, your home - everything - was terrific! The only problem with the visit is having to leave; especially little K. My shirt smelled like "baby" the whole way home and reminded me of how sweet he was while he and I checked out the motorcycle, fishing lures, pictures, etc. in the Lake Charles restaurant. Thanks again! (PS - Next time I'll dress for the occasion.)

Becca said...

Sounds AWESOME!!! Oh my gosh you all are the sweetest little family ever. Is that your back yard??! Looks like some great forest to explore back there! I would pay money for a cajun turkey right at this moment. I am salivating.

Sorry for your Thanksgiving sadness, initially. What a slew of emotions that must be for you.

What's the broom for??

Mrs. K said...

That's our backyard, yes... When searching for a place to stay, we considered our dogs (maybe a little too much) and now we have an enormous backyard that I never thought we'd find as renters. The broom was for the hook that lowers and raises the turkey into the big pot. haha Creativity.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings