Monday, November 14, 2011

Food Festival

Hello, world.


In the midst of cries, diapers, recording All American Muslim, 19 Kids and Counting, Sister Wives and The Walking Dead, and giving little man a bath I found some time to come back to my blog. This weekend has been rough at times, but fun, too. Captain J is rarely home these days as he is working hard and sometimes isn't able to come home from "the field". I have parented alone most days the past few weeks and boy, is it tiring! I have enjoyed my snuggles with Baby K, though and it's refreshing to be so aware of the connection we have. I love being a mom.


Yesterday, a friend and I headed off to the food festival here in town. Louisiana food with all its spices and glory was abundant. They even cooked up a gator!




I pulled up to the event with a massive jogging stroller packed into a compact German car. After finally dragging it out of the tiny backseat, I struggled forever trying to get it unfolded. Husbands are good for figuring out folded up strollers. My own hubby wasn't there, though because he had to work. Thankfully, I saw someone else I knew and her husband helped us figure it out. Shortly after it was unfolded, I took my eye off of it to go get Baby K and it slammed into my car. I just knew it was going to be one of those days.


Except it wasn't.


It was a good day.


The food festival was quite popular among the residents in our tiny little town. The streets were blocked off to make room for tons of good food, sidewalk chalk fun, and music! The line meandered around the tents set up and ready to serve and the food wasn't all that was hot. Try as I might, I can't make fall weather here. Every morning, I dress Baby K and myself in pants and long sleeve shirts only to quickly realize that it's not quite time for them here. Some people were dressed in coats (Coats!?!) in the 70-80 degree weather while others donned shorts and flip flops.




After tasting the food, my friend, her daughter, K Baby, and I went to our favorite only local hangout for some coffee. I ordered a hot chocolate. The girl working asked me if I wanted it hot. Hmm.


It takes all kinds.


That statement pretty much sums up the festival, too. A good time was had by all, though. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings