Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

I always treasured the old hymn that says, "Count your many blessings see what God has done." It's a practice that should last all the year long, not just on the fourth Thursday every November. God has blessed and enriched my life in so many ways that it would be difficult and lengthy to display in this small space. I'll list a few, though...



* He gave me an amazing blended family. When my parents divorced, it seemed like the worst thing in my little life. But now, as they have re-married other truly awesome individuals, I recognize how God blessed us even in times of trouble. I consider my additional family members part of my true family, too. I am thankful for my stepmom, Julie, and my stepdad, Joe. Thank you both for making my parents so happy! I'm forever grateful and I love you both.


*God also gave me the most beautiful, wonderful family of my own, too. I'm thankful for J's parents who raised him to be the man he is today. I'm especially eternally grateful to God for allowing me to raise my angel, Baby K. I love my little family so much; my heart overflows.


*He provides, too doesn't He? I'm thankful for the promise evidenced in Matthew 6:31-32:


"Therefore, do not worry saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'...For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things."


I'm thankful for Him providing my husband a job that allows us to have food on the table every night, a roof over our heads, and clothes on our backs. I'm thankful and proud that his job is with the Army, too because there are many opportunities for me to miss him and have him return to me-That way, I can fall a little more in love with him each time.


*I'm thankful to be born in the greatest country in the world where I am free to practice my faith in God the Father Almighty.


*I'm also thankful for cookie dough. Mention of this will open a whole other can of worms, though so I'll just stop right there ;)


*Thank you, dear readers, for sharing in my life with me!


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings