Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Treasure







I love this song. Every time I hear the lyric-

"When I don't measure up too much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ"

it hits me, makes me tear up. It's such a powerful statement of God's love for me (and for you). There's not much special about me, but I AM set apart through Him. I'm so unworthy of such love, but I have it in my life. I feel so blessed. It makes me think about being a parent. I think about how much I love Baby K, how I want what is best for him, how he lights up when I talk to him, how he depends on me for everything. Isn't this how our relationship with God is or at least should be? I think about how I can't imagine loving Baby K any more than I already do...and it blows my mind to think that God loves us that times a thousand.

3 comments:

Pop said...

But you're wrong - there's tons special about you. Just think how many lives you've touched through this blog alone, not to mention how you've made our family better!

Michele Mott said...

Beautiful. I have felt exactly that from the moment I gave birth to my first born, 31 years ago. I think one has to become a parent to even begin to grasp how much the Lord Jesus loves us.

Mrs. K said...

so sweet. Thank you.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings