Friday, July 20, 2012

Just Because It's Friday

Unfortunately, I just got back from Walmart with yet another box of Gobstoppers. I hate those blasted bins that beckon candy lovers like me. But, oh well, it helps paint the picture of how pathetic I am today. I'm not wearing makeup. I've somehow stuffed my enormous 20 Week belly bump into a size 6 pair of shorts. I haven't showered. I've barely eaten. 

And I miss my husband like crazy. As much as I like to think the Army has helped me to become more independent, I'm not sure that it's true. This mom is counting down the days until January when we can part ways with the military and (hopefully) likewise unpredictable work schedules. It might be nice to know exactly when my husband has to work, but right now that concept is completely foreign to us. His work schedule changes every day. This rotation has been okay, but I'm more than ready for it to be over. For those of you who are new 'round these parts, Captain J is in the field every two weeks. Crap gets old. Quick. Sometimes he gets to come home late at night, sometimes he spends the night out in the field. No matter- he works long hours and rarely gets to see little K- which is why I'm sad J won't be able to join us at the beach this weekend.
K Baby and I are leaving in the morning to go to the Mississippi coast to meet my dad, step-mom, and 3 of my brothers/sisters. I'm excited to go even if it is just for a short period of time. They haven't seen Baby K since he was 4 months old! Our last visit with them was at Christmas. Seeing loved ones once a year is really, really lame y'all. I'm glad we can at least squeeze in two visits.
Let's see...there's more going on in my little world, too:
*Yesterday, I saw the end of the laundry pile. It was a miracle from on high. Photo for the blog, of course-

The lovely Mrs. Nix from Local at Last gave me an award! I'd really, really like to thank the academy....oh, wait. Wrong dream. Anyway, she offered up 11 Questions that I'm supposed to answer. Ready made blog material? I'll take it!
1. What is your biggest fear and where does it come from?
I'm deathly afraid of birds. My fear is getting more manageable as time passes but it comes from a deep rooted memory that I think I'll never shake. I had many run-ins with the evil creatures as a young tyke. One day, I was actually pooped on by a bird twice in a 24 hour span. That's neither here nor there, though. The real problem I have with birds evolved due to a certain chicken. I was staying with a friend and her family had free roam chickens on their property. Most would scatter when I got close so I developed a sort of confidence (I use this term very lightly) around them. Well, big mistake. A chicken had gotten stuck in the barn/shed thingy and when we leisurely opened the doors the creature flew out. It passed two of my friends and turned in a 90 degree angle towards me where it continued flapping its wings (on my head!) and scarring me for life.
2. If you had to live in another country or state for the rest of your life, where would it be?
Tennesse- home sweet home to me
3. When you were young, how did you picture the way your life would turn out? Is it accurate?
I didn't picture this, but you know what? This is so much better.
4.When was the last time you told someone you loved them and meant it from the bottom of your heart?
About 30 minutes ago. I tell Baby K all the time. I'm sure he's going to become really annoyed with my habit when I call him every five minutes when he's 33.
5. This question was about souvenirs. I don't really collect any.
6. All time favorite photo of yourself? I don't really have one. Sorry. Please substitute the below photos as close calls.
7. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Dressing up for Halloween! And don't tell me Halloween isn't a holiday...that makes Mrs. K very angry.
Where's Waldo and Curious George Halloween 2011

Cindy Lou Who

KISS

I take it pretty seriously.
8. Your plane crashes into the ocean and you're now stranded on a desert island- what do you do?
Pray. Work on my tan. Frantically try to remember all those nifty tricks I learned on survival shows.
9. Who's your celebrity man-crush?
I'm partial to Tay Diggs or Grey's Anatomy Guy #1 or Grey's Anatomy Guy #2. Oh, I don't know...


10. Who's your celebrity girl-crush?
Meg Ryan is still my fav.

11. Why do you blog?
I blog to keep me sane. I blog because of my need to share. But most of all, I enjoy being connected to people from all over. I've made many real life friends and online bloggy pals through blogging and it has been awesome.

Thanks, again for the award, Mrs. Nix! 
Do you want this award, too? I tag you! The only catch is you have to have under 200 followers. 

I'm linking up here today:
Aunie Sauce



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Those stupid candy bins get me every time too. They keep them right next to the speedy checkout register.
Size 6 in what brand??? I'd say you're doin' pretty good if you can fit into a size 6! (Then again, I know nothing about pregnancy.)
I hope the vacation goes well!

Mrs. Nix said...

Awesome answers. My cousins are also pretty hardcore into Halloweeen and would be super impressed with your costumes. Also, that chicken story is horrifying...and I didn't even go through it. AH!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings