Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Defend Her Still Today

Every year as the fireworks sound and the sky is lit up with exploding colors, I almost tear up when I hear Lee Greenwood's lyrics dancing in my ears-


I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, 
And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, 
And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, 
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A. 


I still believe that I'm a lucky part of what is the greatest country in the world. I believe in what she stands for and I'm grateful to be a small part of a community who continually and selflessly give for the sake of America. Thank you, eternally, to all those who have served and are serving this country.

This year my soldier is home.

There will be food.

There will be fireworks.

There will be fun.


I hope you all have a safe and happy fourth of July! 

(*Not my photos)

2 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

I LOL'd at the little *not my photos
at the bottom.
Happy 4th, lady!! I'm glad we both have hubs home with us!

AlanaMarie said...

Happy 4th to you and your family! I am happy you get to spend it with your husband!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings