Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mississippi on my Mind

We're baaaack. I know...quick trip! The babe and I spent about two days in Bilouxi, MS with my dad and family. The five hour drive there was pretty interesting. It's hard to travel with a nearly one year old by your lonesome. I mean, who's going to hold the baby while you pee? Oh, wait...that's me. That wasn't fun. And then when he started fa-reaking out when someone used the hand dryer it was game over. It took him hours to calm down after that.
It wasn't too bad, though. At least I didn't make a wrong turn! If you know me, you know this is quite a feat.
We arrived in the afternoon and spent it just hanging out at the condo, having dinner, and catching up. Afterward, we took a stroll down the beach-
Dad and Stepmom with grandchild number 4!

My sister did a little tumbling...

and my brother showed Baby K the ocean (which was quite a success this time).
Baby K was exhausted when we got back so he went down for the night and surprised us all when he slept until 0730! For the past week or so, he had been waking up a lot at night and calling 0500 his new wake up call. This particular morning was quite the refreshment (although it didn't last). My whole clan got up on their first day of vacation and went to run or workout (or both). Everyone that is except for me. Have I mentioned that at 20+ weeks pregnant I feel like a big fat cow?
Anyway, we went down to the pool for as long as K would stand it...
and then it was back up for a nap for him. He slept the day away which he never does so that kinda sucked but we made the most of it. As soon as he woke up from his marathon nap, we headed back down to the pool for an hour or so. Then we all went upstairs to get ready for dinner.
After eating, we came back to the condo and snapped photos of all of us since we just are never together all at the same time.





Remember when I said the later wake up call didn't last? Well, the next morning Baby K decides to return to his new schedule and grace me with his presence at 0500. Yuck! In an effort to not wake up the entire house, I strapped him in his stroller and we went down to the beach. It was peaceful and happy despite the ungodly hour we were awake.

He crawled around, exploring sand, and eating everything in sight.

He got so messy, but we didn't care. It was just us and God's beautiful creation.


I hope I remember it forever. The only thing missing was having Captain J by our side.
We left later that day, happy to have seen "Pap", "JuJu" and the rest of the fam. The ride home was uneventful- easy really. Baby K was an angel.

"We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count." - Neil A. Maxwell




11 comments:

Joslin said...

Wow I guess I never really thought what happens to a baby when mama needs to use the bathroom. It looks like you had a great time though!

Karen said...

I absolutely LOVE the last picture of Baby K - great shot. He's adorable (as usual). And you look great for being 20 weeks pregnant :) Glad you were able to visit with your fam - I know how hard it is to be away from family.

Becca said...

Haha! Yes, but it is so much easier when they still let you hold them while you pee than when they want to run around and touch the nastiness or when you have to set them on the gross public toilets, better yet :)

Beautiful beach photos! I love the one of him sitting with his back to you!

Kristin said...

That baby sitting on the beach is just adorable. I'm so glad you made it there and back uneventfully. Well, except for the crying and all..:)

Chantal said...

Aw he is so cute. Sorry he was waking you up early - I know that feeling!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you took the early wakeup call as an opportunity to enjoy the quiet beach together! Sadly, I would be the crabby mom that's like, "OMG you're ruining perfectly good sleep time! Sleep! Now! Please!"

You're such a good mama. :)

Amber Nicole said...

<3

Julie Danielle said...

Looks like a fun little trip :)

The New Normal said...

That last photo is beautiful!! Although the early morning wake-up is awful, what a wonderful time spent just the two of you together :) I'm glad that you all had a nice visit and made it home safely!

Fran said...

Looks like a fun trip! and I actually never considered what happens with the baby when mom has to pee lol

Joyewonder said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Love his little swim shirt in pic #4!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings