Sunday, July 1, 2012

Reunited and it feels so good!

This past weekend has been a refreshment for me- something I needed. Like chocolate tends to do, the last few days cheered me considerably. Captain J, Baby K and I spent the weekend savoring our last few days of his leave together and getting reacquainted with friends. I know I've mentioned it before, but I'm so excited to report that one of my gal pals I met while we were stationed at Ft. Wainwright is finally here.

Isn't she lovely?

Her and her husband joined the Captain and I for some Cuban sandwiches and red beans and rice at our place on Friday evening. It was fun to catch up. We're looking forward to many more fun times in good ole Louisiana with them.

Soon I'll tell you about the famous Beauregard Parish Watermelon Festival, but for now I'm going to grab Chinese takeout and sit down for some Sunday Night True Blood. We'll chat soon.

XOXO,

3 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

AWww!! Yay!!!

Angie said...

Big time Yay for gal pals!!!
Enjoy your yummy Chinese. That sounds delicious to me tonight :)

Kristin said...

So glad an AK friend has made it to the south! It has to be an adjustment after Fairbanks!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings