Tuesday, July 10, 2012

11 Months

Dear Baby K,

I've been writing to you for over a year now if you want to include the countless letters I wrote to you while you were in still in the womb. It's something I look forward to every month. A new letter means growth. It means milestones. It means precious days that I want to remember forever. More importantly, with each one, I hope you later come to know how wholly and completely you are loved.



This month, you are eleven months old and I can't believe it. Every parent says that, don't they? But really! It's almost been a whole year since you were born. Just you wait, one day you'll be saying the same thing about my grandchildren. Some days have been ever slow, but as a whole, they've flown by and often I'm begging time to slow down. Just two days ago, I had my first legit breakdown to your dad as I cried, "He's going to grow up and leave me!"

When I hold you on my hip, in mere seconds you are face down, bending at the waist so you can see my feet. I don't know if this is the beginning of a foot fetish, but I'm going to keep my eye on you! Maybe you enjoy the colors that usually adorn my toes or maybe you just like to see how this walking business works- I don't know. I do know that it makes it very difficult to hold you this way! It makes me laugh, though. I love watching your personality develop.



You started to crawl recently and I couldn't be more proud. Even more than your newly developed autonomy, you love to walk holding on to our hands. You practically run if I have a sippy cup in my hand and your dad is walking you across our house. You'll do anything for that milk! And you love to be on your feet. If I try to plop you down on your bottom, you lock out your legs telling me that you'd much prefer to practice standing, thank you very much.

You bring joy and laughter to me every single day.

I know most mamas envision great plans for their children. They imagine what he or she might do for a living or where they'll choose to go to school. I don't. I just know you're going to be great because, well, you already are. You've completely changed my world. I want you to know that God made you specifically. He knows the number of hairs on your head, Baby K and that means you are treasured by the Almighty King. I pray every day that you come to know Him. My visions and goals I want for you include you just being happy, being respectful, and finding someone who loves you as much as I do. I pray for your future spouse. I pray for the decisions you'll have to make as you get older. I pray for your well-being.

At eleven months old, you've completely and entirely rocked my world for the better. I love you more and more every day.

Keep on keepin' on!

Love,
Your Mama

6 comments:

Becca said...

I love your letters to baby k :) He is getting so BIG!!! The part about him bending over to see your feet made me laugh. little h did that and it about killed my wrists after a while because pretty soon he would throw himself forward instead of just bending.

Jenn said...

So sweet. You are such a good mama!!!

Jamie said...

He is too cute!

Chantal said...

Happy 11 Months to him! He's so sweet!

Tif said...

WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!! Thanks for following my blog! I'm happily following you back! (((HUGS)))

RichLittlePoorGirl said...

sooo precious!!!

i love your blog :)

follow back??

xxo!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings