Friday, July 13, 2012

Sisters

It's "me time", also dubbed K's nap time so I'm appropriately using said valued time by filling the internet with the things that float through my mind. I'm sorry. I really am. My house is sorry, too. You should see my kitchen. It's grody, but the laundry has been started, diapers have been stuffed, and I've got a bra on so I'm going to call it a win for the morning and start back on my to do list at a later time.

It's Friday which means it's time for another link up with Annelise-

Aunie Sauce

But what in the world should I over share today?

She was talking about her sister in her post so that inspired me to talk about mine...

Paige and I are two years and a couple of weeks apart. Growing up, we might has well have been five years apart, though. She was a foot taller than me for the longest time and she looked like a woman much sooner than I did. She was so much cooler than me and loathed taking me to school, to friends houses or any place I begged to tag along. In high school, I was deemed "Little Paige" until she graduated and moved on.

When she moved off to attend school at Appalachian State, I missed her. Suddenly, there was no option of stealing sharing clothes. There was no one to talk to about my long time boyfriend who was off in college now, too. I enjoyed going to visit her at school and watching her new independent life unfold.
As adults, we're friends. She's the reason I want our hypothetical little girl to have another hypothetical sister. I can't imagine my life without her. Despite the distance between us, she's always there. She's got the right words to say, the sweetest gestures to make, and all the time in the world for me when I'm feeling down.

She makes me laugh like no other.
(impromptu "Foxy Lady" performance with random karaoke dude)

She gets me.

Looking back, I see the budding friendship that started many years ago. Now, I see her as my best friend. We don't have to talk every day or even every week because I know like any good pal, we can pick up right where we left off.

Love ya, sis!
Thanks for making me an aunt.

(P.S.- I'm also over here today)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sisters are the best! I feel blessed because I am a little sister and big sister. :)

The New Normal said...

I always wished that I had a sister so I had someone to share that bond with. It's wonderful that you have such a great relationship with her! :)

And I agree, putting a bra on is definitely an accomplishment on some days. Anything else is just a bonus! :)

Chantal said...

I love having a sister (3 of them!) Now that I have a girl I wouldn't mind having another. It's such a special relationship.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings