Sunday, August 12, 2012

A girl can dream..

Sunday is a day of rest, isn't it? I'm not sure why K didn't get that memo. He's finally asleep after being up since 5:23am. I know because I rolled over, grabbed my phone to check the time, and cried a silent cuss word in my brain. He has been so upset all morning. He doesn't have a fever, though so I'm at a loss as to what is going on. Maybe he just misses Daddy. I do, too.

I wonder why I'm not running straight to bed to try to get some shut eye, too. I'll surely regret this decision soon. I just have so much on my mind. My list of things to do keeps growing, but they all seem so unimportant in the grand scheme of things that I keep procrastinating. My back hurts and it's the Lord's day. Those are my excuses.

I've really really been getting that Fall twitch. You know the one. Everyone starts yearning for pumpkin spiced lattes, pretty fall leaves, and sweater weather. Two out of three of those things are pretty nonexistent here (pretty leaves and sweater weather) so unfortunately I have to live vicariously through everyone else. Many of you have been posting on facebook that the weather is soo cool and forgive me, but that's just not something I want to hear. Sure, I shouldn't complain. Last year at this time, it was 118 degrees. Now, the highs are in the low nineties. Still, I get mad when you say you're cuddled up under a blanket or having a bonfire outside. I'm pretty sure if we tried to light anything on fire out there, three parishes would burn up.

 I want to be thin and wear pretty fall things...

Source: i9store.com.br via Mrs. on Pinterest
Source: hm.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

I want to leave Louisiana and move to a cabin nestled in some mountains and read good books and sip hot cocoa...
Source: skinet.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

And take long, uninterrupted, peaceful bubble baths here...

and retire for the day with my no-longer-in-the-Army man here:

A girl can dream.
Meanwhile, I better get to making this house presentable. A clean house does wonders for my mood!

10 comments:

Amy Salamone said...

I'm right there with you! Living in the deep south means we get no fall, and that makes me mad! At least they try to make up for it by having a lot of cute festivals in Sept and Oct. There's a chance we'll be moving to Ottawa, Ontario in January, so my only respite as of late is checking Ottawa's daily weather and knowing that this will probably be my last torturous Summer on the Gulf!

Carissa said...

I love fall! I've been trying not to wish for it too early this year. But gosh! the cozy cabin in the fall dream sounds lovely! Sign me up!

Nina said...

I am soooo glad to hear I am not the only one! Yeah, it is cooler in AK as you know but not chilly enough for cute fall outfits quite yet. I know, I should be happy about that after rainy July but seeing all the fall decors in crafts stores and being bombarded with clothing stores' fall catalogs ..... yeah, I am looking forward to cozy evenings with coffee or tea. Hugs from Alaska!

hmb said...

Well....I would love for summer to last forever. But fall is my second favorite :) I'm kind of doubtful we'll experience much of a fall here though! I'm expecting it to go from summer to winter...

Chantal said...

I miss the seasons too. Unfortunately we're just about as South as you, if not more, so we aren't going to get much of a change...

Kristin said...

It's been warm for the last few days. 65* and up. I know this isn't unusual for August, but I'm already in the fall mindset with school starting this week and so I just want to get it over with. I know that it'll be cold by October. I hope you get a nap today!

#mommylife said...

i hear ya on the be thin and wear cute fall clothes.. haha so many fall outfits are so much cuter on the skinny bitches :) it's hot here in Cali too..yuck so sick of sweating!

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

Oh my goodness. I'm SO ready for Fall, too! boots and sweaters and leggings. LOVE.

AlanaMarie said...

I am looking forward to fall too, but I just want cooler temps, I really don't want what happens after fall. The arctic winter.
I don't know how you find the energy to clean, between sitting around reading blogs, and laying down, I can't find the energy to do anything, And you even already have a kid. You are Super Mom. I hope when I am baking baby number two that I won't be in a funk like I am now.

Karen said...

I am looking forward to fall - I love the changing of the seasons up here in Canada - it's so pretty. I am however not looking forward to the season the follows Fall - it's a forbidden word in our house right now, you know, the W one... cuz it gets cold, snowy and icy here lol. The girl who commented above about moving to Ottawa - it's not that much better - it still gets SUPER hot up here and humid too lol. It just gets really freaking cold in the W.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings