Wednesday, August 15, 2012

An Evening of Firsts

I don't know how many times I can post about doing the only thing there is to do in this town and still miraculously keep y'all coming back to hear more. I'm sorry. I really am. But this evening was special to me and not just because I ventured out in red lipstick...

No, it was more than that. It was an experience, now frozen in time by the photos, that I can look back on and savor. I can drink it in and recognize it as one of the last times my baby still looked like a baby. Many of you have said it during the last few weeks-- that Baby K is starting to look more like a toddler and less like the squishy baby I see him as. I see it, too and while I'm so happy to see him growing before my very eyes, I'm a little saddened, too. This boy, my whole world, is growing up!

Captain J and I hopped in his truck and took the little tyke to the park for a stroll. To our surprise, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. There were no kiddos rowdily playing themselves out on the last few days of summer. There was the occasional exerciser, but they were gone in a flash. It was just us- the three of us.

Eager to take advantage of the playground equipment, we took Baby K over to check things out for the first time. We went sliding! And swinging! And playing, oh my!


An evening to remember, for sure...

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh girl, his laugh is the SWEETEST!!! Love that boy :)

hmb said...

Love his laugh! He has so much potential to be L's first boyfriend ;)
We live right across the street from the neighborhood park and I've been meaning to take L over!

Chantal said...

Aw he's so sweet. I see my own baby turning into a bigger girl, even just at 8 months.

Amber Nicole said...

Awww!!!

Karen said...

Cutest baby laugh ever! He is so adorable. Also - red lipstick looks AWESOME on you :)

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

For starters, I absolutely LOVE the red lipstick! I bought some a while back and haven't been gutsy enough to wear it yet! And I love the pictures of the little one at the playground! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!

Mrs. Nix said...

Love this! Baby K is too sweet. He's going to be a great big brother!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings