Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sweet Child of Mine - 12 Months

Dear Baby K,

Where to start? It's hard to believe it has been a whole year since you came kicking and screaming (sweetly) into the world. Happy Birthday, baby! I remember holding you for the first time and thinking you were the most beautiful newborn I had ever seen. My eyes covered every inch of your entire 6 lb 8 oz body, looking for some imperfection, but there wasn't a single one. God made you absolutely perfect and I coud not believe he chose me to be your mom.

This month we found out that you're going to be a big brother to a little boy! I know you don't know what this means just yet, but I see a best pal in your near future. You're typically such a delight to watch with other children. You love to watch babies and toddlers your age and you practically scream when you see one that you can't quite reach. I hope you're just as delighted to see your brother here in a few short months.



I won't hold my breath, though. You've become increasingly attached to your Mama lately. I'm not complaining. I love hearing those sweet sounds exit your mouth when I walk into the room. I'm positive nothing sounds as sweet as "mama". You are starting to complain more and more when I leave which makes it difficult to get things done, but I'm treasuring your last few months as my only child. I enjoy rocking you to sleep when you (and your brother!) will let me. As my middle grows with Baby A inside, you aren't as comfortable when I try to cuddle you. On top of this, Baby A kicks you every time you get comfortable! Don't worry. The two of you will be friends in no time.

My favorite thing you do right now is giggle incessantly when you sneeze and I respond with, "God bless you!" You wait for it any time anyone sneezes and I think I love your reaction as much as you love mine. It is so precious.

I also love watching you clap your hands when you get excited.

I love so many of your little quirks, dear.


This past year has been the best of my life and that's all thanks to you. I promise to try every day to develop you into the person that God wants you to be. I love you to the moon and back and I look forward to many more special memories to come. Thank you, Baby K for making me a mom a year ago today. I look at you and count my blessings.


Happy Birthday!



Love,
Mama

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy! Love Ya Ya and Papa Joe.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Baby K!

Jenn said...

Happy birthday big boy! And congrats to you and Captain J! It's a big deal for parents on the first birthday too!! :D

AlanaMarie said...

Happy Birthday!

Jamie said...

Happy birthday to your sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Baby a?? What is the little boys name going to be?:) Happy Birthday Kinley, keep smiling!!

Kristin said...

So sweet! He's looking like a toddler in those 12 month pictures. Happy Birthday!

Tif said...

Congratulations! I'm presenting you with the Liebster Award! You can pick it up here:

http://her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

xoxo,
Tif
Ramblings of a Southern Belle
http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Happy (belated) birthday little man!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings